Do dead eggs/creatures just disappear?

in Help & Questions

Female
6 posts

cattya • 12 March 2019 at 10:36 PM

Hi all,
I joined this site a while ago (October 2018) and then forgot about it for the most part. When I checked back today I saw that one of my creatures(the one in my avatar) was close to dying notification. I fed it and looked at my profile, but I'm sure I had more than one creature when I left and now there's just the one? I have the link to the "missing" creature as I had put it on an offsite page, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore at all (nor does the description I gave it which is a shame because I don't have a copy elsewhere- my newbie mistake I guess). I looked through my notifications for a low food warning but I didn't see any other than a couple for Capillata. However there could have been earlier warnings that expired, if there is a limit to how far back I can go? (earliest notification I see is from feb 9th so probably).

Should I assume the creature just died a while back and got removed? Or am I completely misremembering and I actually only ever had one(which I doubt because I remember having an egg with a void like aesthetic but idk)?

Obviously I should take better care of my creatures but if someone can give me a clear answer on whether/how users can tell when a creature dies it would help a lot for my peace of mind.

(On another note, though less urgent- do profile descriptions get wiped for inactivity? I'm fairly sure I didn't end up writing one but if I did it's definitely not there now.)

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 12 March 2019 at 10:45 PM

@cattya
Notifications are cleared after a couple months. So if you had a creature die more than a couple months ago you wont have a notification for it. However, any creature that you had that has died will show up on this page:
https://eggcave.com/cashshop/resurrection

If you have a dead creature you wish to resurrect you can spend Cave Cave on that page to do so.

Profile and statuses don't get cleared by inactivity. They can only be cleared by you or by a moderator if we find that is is breaking a rule. If you don't have one now then you probably didn't have one before.

If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Female
6 posts

cattya • 12 March 2019 at 10:49 PM

Thanks! Yeah it looks like my other creature died, which is not surprising since I was gone for so long. Is there a limit to how long a dead creature will be available on the resurrection page? I might not be able to get cave cash right now but I probably will in the future(I want to see how active I'll be on here rn before spending RL money).
Thanks for the info on profiles as well, I probably didn't write anything then.

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 12 March 2019 at 10:53 PM

@cattya
Your creatures will remain on that page forever until you resurrect them. So you don't have to worry about them disappearing.

Female
6 posts

cattya • 12 March 2019 at 10:54 PM

Good to know, thanks! 😊