Keeper of the Lost Cities RP

in Roleplaying

Good book?

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 12 April 2019 at 1:39 PM

Hi! Now if you have read that series then I might be talking with you a lot. But anyhoo this is a rp about that. You make your own character, or you can be one of the main characters. If you are a main character, you have to act like him or her. No changing it. And they are all elves there. And some stuff to get started are things like this: As they age (no elves have died of age yet and age stops as they reach adult hood), their ears get pointy. They also look WAAAAY Cuter/Prettier than humans. And the elves have powers, and the powers are:

Beguiler~ The ability to calm people down to the point of an extreme relaxed state.
Psionpath~ The ability to create force fields.
Mesmer~ The ability to mind control someone into doing whatever you want. (Limit is 24 people)
Pyrokinetic~ The ability to control and create fire by stealing warmth to create it.
Astrakinesis~The power to control electricity.
Conjurer~ The ability to snap your finger and conjure anything you know the location of into your hands.
Telepath~ The ability to read minds and use telekenisis. More about this in the Rp.
Vanisher~ The ability to turn invisible at will.
Empath~ The ability to sense other people's feelings by touching them. The powerful ones can feel strong emotions by being near people.
Shade~ The ability to control shadows and Shadow reading-the ability to read someone's potential for evil.
Phaser~ The ability to walk through walls or anything. You don't turn invisible, but you can go through things.
Hydrokinesis~ The ability to control water.
Guster~The power to control wind.
Enchancer~ The power to enchance someone's abilities.
Flasher~The power to create light that does whatever you want.
Technopath~The power to understand and make insane tech gadgets.
Polygot~ The power to speak and understand many languages without ever learning them. These people usually have two abilities.
Froster~ The ability to freeze things.
Inflictor~ The power to inflict pain or negative emotions on other people.
Talentless~When you have no talent.

Rules:
No Mary/Gary sues
No more than two at the most powers.
Keep it PG-13.
Have fun!

Name:
Appearance:
Ability:
History: (Optional)
Personality:
Weakness:
Other: (Optional)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 13 April 2019 at 1:30 PM

Name: Hyasea (Hi-as-ay) Seaden
Nickname: Hya
Appearance: https://hdwallpaperim.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/07/461397-cameltoe-long_hair-redhead-blue_eyes-anime-anime_girls-bodysuit-sword-weapon-748x1056.jpg and dark blue eyes.
Ability: Empath
History: To be revealed
Personality: To be discovered. The personality usually changes as I go.
Weakness: Water, grief and flirting boys.
Other: She has a pet baby nessie she keeps at her home. It has big black eyes, four flippers and stays in water at all times. She loves it so much.

That ok, @nekogirl?

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 13 April 2019 at 2:46 PM

Just fine @wingedfox!

Name: Maya Herris
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/da/b2/d4/dab2d405730473923d33a32e814950cd.jpg
Ability: Polygot, Telepath
History: Lives with foster parents(See what I did there?), Finds out her foster dad is talentless and was really scared when she knew they were a 'Bad Match".
Personality: Shy but nice, likes to watch people from afar
Weakness: Terrified of losing her family and friends
Other: Likes to get away from everything

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 13 April 2019 at 2:55 PM

Cool! I've got one more.
Name: Kopa Seaden
Appearance: https://honeysanime.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Oz-Vessalius-Pandora-Hearts.jpg, but bluer eyes.
Ability: Hasn't manifested one yet.
History: To be revealed
Personality: Cheerful, Energetic, acts like he had too much sugar, extremely loyal to his sister Hyasea, tries so hard at life.
Weakness: Sugar, or lack of it, the thought of never being enough.
Other: Brother to Hyasea

1,327 posts

bgunny • 14 April 2019 at 10:15 AM

@nekogirl
Hi! I saw the word elf and I got all excited 😊. I haven't read the series yet (though I plan to now), so will I still be allowed to join? Also how many characters may I play? Thank you!

Edit: I read a little bit about the book and I know about the school, the powers, and all that, so I won't be roleplaying without some knowledge of the world.

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 23 April 2019 at 12:02 PM

@bgunny Three at most. And yeah its open!

Maya rushed through the halls. How could she be late? She never was. WALL! Ouch. Forgot about momentum. She got up and rubbed her head. As she traced her fingers along her head she found a goose bump. She hoped it wouldn't affect her Telepathy. She shook her head. Gotta get back Maya continued down the hall of twists and turns.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 23 April 2019 at 1:00 PM

Are these okay?

Name: Rue Cessair Rivan
Appearance:
https://pm1.narvii.com/7062/1647531e1d5374a97c57dbe8aad645df13189318r1-1100-1500v2_hq.jpg
Ability: Mesmer, Inflictor
Personality:

Please leave me alone. I don't want to hurt you.

Ever since Rue manifested her powers, she distanced herself away from people. She is constantly afraid that she will hurt someone she loves with her powers. Before her powers, she was very friendly. She was a good friend and an even better sister. She was someone to count on and help solve problems. She was brave and went headfirst into 'danger'. She noticed things about the world that no one else could. Now, her siblings have said she stays away from them and even when she is around, it's like she is somewhere else. They can tell something is hurting her, but they don't seem to understand what. They notice she has gotten very good at hiding her emotions and even Avi doesn't know how she feels. In truth, Rue is very lonely and wants to go back to her old self, but she doesn't know how anymore.

History:
Rue is the firstborn child in her house. When she was one, her parents adopted a boy named Kalmin. When she was two, her parents had another child. Rue was only five when her parents died and she promised she would always take good care of her siblings. She did do a very good job and took care of them and comforted them as they moved from home to home. They were adopted by a couple three years ago, right as Rue manifested her powers. Ever since then a dark voice inside of Rue has taken over and it controls her.

Weaknesses: She doesn't seem to have control of her powers. A voice has taken over and tells her when to use them (the voice is basically her conscious). She is terrified of her powers.
Other: Rue means regret and Cessair means sorrow.

Name: Avivit Lahela Rivan
Nickname: Avi
Appearance:
https://data.whicdn.com/images/230646625/large.jpg
Ability: Empath
Personality:
Hi! Do you want to be friends!

Being the youngest in her family, Avivit's older siblings have done their best to shield her from the bad things in the world. She has grown to be very innocent. She acts younger than her age. She considers everyone her friend. She is a very sweet and cheerful girl. She is very caring and open. She hates it when her friends, or anyone in general, are sad and always tries to brighten their day. Sometimes she can care a little to much about how others are feeling. She can be a little annoying and clingy, but she always means well.

History:
Avi doesn't remember her birth parents as they died when she was almost 2. She relies on the stories of her elder siblings. When her parents died she moved from home to home. She didn't understand why she always moved and just assumed that she and her siblings were having a lot of long sleep overs. She was finally adopted by a couple with a lot of land 3 years ago.

Weakness: She doesn't ever want to hurt people. She doesn't seem to understand that people might want to hurt her.
Other: Avivit and Lahela mean innocent

Name: Kalmin Cadmar Rivan
Nickame: Kal
Appearance:
https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/457467274626009155/
Ability: Telepath, Polygot
Personality:

Kalmin is a tough and somewhat reserved boy. If you can manage to find his soft spot, which isn't hard, he is very kind and sweet. He gets embarrassed really easy. It's honestly really cute and funny to watch him when he's flustered, so his younger sister and close friends always try to find ways to pick on him. He is one of the most loyal people ever and will stick with the people he cares about no matter what. He is very brave and protective. He likes to have fun when he can, but that's not often. The most important thing to him is protecting his younger sister. When Rue became distant, he felt he had to be the elder sibling, so he spends a lot of time with Avi.

History:

Kalmin doesn't know who his real family is. He was abandoned at birth, with only a note that had his name (only the first and middle) written on it. He was adopted by Rue and Avi's family when Rue was only a little older than a year and Avi wasn't born. He never doubted that this wasn't his family.
He had made Rue and her parents his family and that was how it always was going to be, or so he thought.

When Kalmin turned 4, his adopted parents died in an accident. He and his siblings went from foster home to foster home. 3 years ago they were adopted by a couple with a lot of land.

Weakness: Cares so much about his family. He would do whatever it takes to keep them safe even if that means doing the wrong thing.
Other: Kalmin means strong and Cadmar means warrior.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 23 April 2019 at 8:26 PM

(Oo! I like these characters! They make mine seem boring and sad... Is it alright if Hya and Avi are friends?)

Hyasea sat in her first class at Foxfire. Elementalism would hopefully be easier this year. She'd failed the last three times she'd tried the class, but since one of her parents was a Councillor, they'd given her another chance. Hya hated accepting things born of pity, but sometimes it had to be done. She felt a sudden surge of terror and her head whipped around to someone who had just entered the room. She knew the emotion wasn't hers, it was the boy. The kid spotted her and ran over. "Hyasee! Hyasee! Come onn... Momma's in twoble!" Hya turned to the teacher, who was demonstrating how to not bottle quintessence and called, "I'll be back in a bit." Then she grabbed the kid's hand and led him out. "Come on, Kopa." She said.

(There you go, @nekogirl.)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 23 April 2019 at 9:02 PM

(Thank you! I don't think your character's are boring. They seem cool to me. And yes, Hya and Avi can definitely be friends.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 23 April 2019 at 9:05 PM

(Sweet!)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 24 April 2019 at 4:09 PM

(Here's my first post. @nekogirl if there is something wrong with it, please tell me and I will change it. I know I might be corrected now and then since I haven't read the series yet and I completely understand.)

Rue~
I stare down at my notes. I don't look up at my teacher. The voice was silent for now, but it was unpredictable. I never knew when it would start telling me what to do. I take down a couple more notes. Every second, I was feeling more stressed. Finally, I raise my hand. "Yes, Rue?" The teacher calls. "May I go use the restroom? " I ask. The teacher nods and continues the class. I rush into the hallway.

Kalmin-
I step into class. My face was red. I was late. The teacher looks at me. Other teachers may have ignored me and then pulled me aside after class, but not this one. He dealt with the issue right then and there, in front of everyone. "Welcome to class, Rivan. I thought you were going to skip today," he says, calmly. I cast a glance at the other students. They looked more relieved than amused. It wasn't happening to then. " Of course not, sir, " I say. "Well, sit at your desk and don't be late next time. It gives the wrong impression," he snaps. "Of course, sir, " I respond. I walk over to my desk and sit down. I'd been late because I had to go home and grab Avi's backpack that she'd forgotten. I would tell my teacher, but I figured it wouldn't be a good excuse for him.

Avi~
"Any questions?" My teacher asks. I grin and raise my hand. Her gaze goes right past me. One time the teacher had said I ask irrelevant questions, but I disagreed. I wave my hand around. Her gaze falls on me and quickly moves away. " I have a question! " I call. The teacher seems to sigh and gestures to me. "Yes, Avivit, I'm sure you do. What is it?" She says. I put my hand down. "Oh, you can stop calling me Avivit. It's a handful to pronounce. I would be just fine if you called me Avi," I say, seriously. The teacher presses a hand to her face. A few of the other students giggle. "Are you okay? Do you have a headache. I hate it when I get headaches. One time-" the teacher interrupts me. " Your question, Aviv...Avi, " the teacher says. This makes the students giggle more. "Oh, yeah, I just wanted to know what was in your cup."

(I think I'm going to have fun with Avi.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 April 2019 at 5:52 PM

Kopa pulled Hya down the hallways of Foxfire to the doctors office. Lying stone still on one of the tables was Malaya Seaden. Hya gasped and yanked Kopa over to their mother. "What happened to her?!" I nearly shouted. Elwin, the doctor quietly said, "we don't know. She was found in the Himalayan mountains like this. Bullhorn's not going crazy yet, so she still has time." He gave a small smile. "She's strong. Don't worry too much yet."

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 25 April 2019 at 10:47 AM

@bgunny I haven't read all the books but so far, your post is pretty normal.

Name: Kaya Herris

Appearance: Always wears blue scarf, Long white hair that looks slightly blue in the right light, Sky blue eyes

History: She was separated at birth, Never knew her sister, Was taken to live at Havenfield(Animal preserve)

Personality: Likes other people but not very talkative, Nice, Sometimes shy
Weakness: Knowing she was supposed to do something to help someone but failed
Other: Sister is Maya Herris

1,327 posts

bgunny • 25 April 2019 at 11:07 AM

@nekogirl
Okay! Glad to hear that!

Rue~
I walk as quickly as I can to the girl's restroom. I step inside. I was the only one in here. Good. I walk over to the sinks and look at myself in the mirror. It was always strange how on the outside I looked the same as I did before I manifested my powers, a bit older looking, but on the inside I was so different in such a bad way. I hang my head and try not to cry.

Kalmin-
I bring my notebook out. I grab a pencil and eraser. I try to ignore the look my friends have. They are giving me amused looks. My friend on the right side I me throws a paper on my desk when the teacher isn't looking. I stare at it, wondering if I should read it. My friends haven't been as nice as usual.

Avi~
All the students in class are laughing now. "Good one, Avi!" One of them calls. The teacher glares at them. The students stop laughing. "It's just water," she says through clenched teach. I smile at her. "Water's good. A lot of people say there are better drinks, but I personally like water best," I say. The teacher sighs and gives me a defeated look. " Will that be all, Avi? " she asks. "Yes," I reply. "I only had that one question. "

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 April 2019 at 7:29 PM

"Yet? YET? THE FACT THAT THERE'S SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT MAKES ME WORRY MORE!!!" Hya yelped. Their mother had never been seen even asleep this still and weak. Hya clenched Kopa's hand tighter. This was terrifying. "It's ok, Hya. She'll be ok..." He said quietly.
"For now, you should get back to your classes. Kopa will be fine here with me." Elwin said kindly. Hya nodded and released Kopa's hand. She took a deep breath and walked slowly back to class.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 28 April 2019 at 10:32 AM

Rue~
I look up when I hear the door open. Someone a little younger than me walks in. I quickly pretend I was washing my hands. I leave the restroom, but don't go back to class. After seeing that young elf, the voice was starting to stir. My stomach was feeling queasy. I didn't want to hurt anyone.

Kalmin-
I slowly reach for the paper and open it up. I read it. Why were you late for class. Did Avi forget something again? You should have let her deal with it. That girl needs to grow up. Without looking at my friends, I rip the note in half and then crumble the two pieces.

Avi~
I try my hardest to listen to the class, but I was bored and wanted to do something. I start to doodle a little in my notebook.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 April 2019 at 1:58 PM

Hyasea reclaimed her seat in her classroom and tried to pay attention. It was hard, because she couldn't stop thinking about the fact that her strong mother was in the hospital.

Kopa sat in a chair, staring at his mother in the bed. He just wanted her to wake up...

1,327 posts

bgunny • 30 April 2019 at 8:44 PM

(I'm not sure what to do. Wingedfox, do you want me to send Rue to the doctor's office to meet Kopa. That might be interesting... I'm not sure if the doctor's office is open to students with 'stomach aches' though.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 May 2019 at 2:59 PM

(sure)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 May 2019 at 6:55 PM

Rue~
I decide to go to the hospital office. That way I could avoid class for a little longer. Hopefully there weren't many people in there.
I was wrong. As soon as I stepped in I saw a boy with a women, probably his mother or another relative. The doctor, Elwin, sees me. "Hello, do you need anything?" He asks. I look over at the two people in the room. There were less people in here than in my class, so I decide to stay. "I feel sick. My stomach is queasy," I say. "Sit here, let me get something for you," the doctor says. He walks away and I sit down. I avoid eye contact with the boy and hope he doesn't speak to me.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 May 2019 at 7:12 PM

Kopa looked up at the girl. "What are you here for?" He asked quietly. He looked at his mother's still form, copying the girl in avoiding eye contact.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 May 2019 at 7:49 PM

Rue~
I look up at the boy and then quickly back down. Why did he have to talk to me? "Stomachache," I reply. I hope that would be enough for him and he would stop talking. I knew the voice was getting ready to take charge.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 May 2019 at 7:54 PM

"I'm here to take care of my mom." Kopa said, not taking his eyes of of her.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 May 2019 at 8:12 PM

Rue~
Ugh, why did he want to talk to me? "That's good. It's important to take care of your family," I say. The voice was up, but not at all excited. They couldn't do anything to the mom because she was unconscious, the doctor wasn't around, and they weren't quite sure what to do with the boy. It would have to learn more about him.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 May 2019 at 8:33 PM

Kopa stayed quiet. He could tell there was something off about the girl, so he didn't push her.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 2 May 2019 at 9:13 AM

Rue~
Talk to him, the Voice says. I try to fight back, but the Voice always gets what they want in the end. "What's your name?" I ask. There were small signs of reluctance in my voice.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 May 2019 at 12:37 PM

"Kopa Seaden. My dad's a councillor." He said. He looked over at the girl.