summer creature suggestion: the leaming

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

what do you think?

Genderqueer
8 posts

skye • 19 May 2019 at 3:57 PM

i've never done this before, but i've wanted to since i was like, 10! 😋 i was thinking this would make a good creature for august (which is also my birth month hehe).

image: https://imgur.com/a/yXLIL0I

creature name: Leaming (from "gleaming"!)

egg description: Leaming eggs are always warm no matter the environment. Embedded in these eggs is a round orb that glows softly; these orbs are important to the development of the creature inside, and if they're damaged or cracked, it can harm the growing Leaming. Unfortunately, they're also very valuable, and crueler Arkians may remove them from the egg in order to sell them.

creature description: Leamings are mild-mannered and creatures and very intelligent. Some are even said to be able to understand human speech. They take the orb from their egg with them wherever they go, and can become depressed if separated from it. The orb is said to hold the power of the sun within it, and in ancient times it was believed that if too many Leaming orbs broke, the sun would go out. Historians believe this legend may have originated from a conveniently timed solar eclipse.

#creaturesuggestion

(i don't have anyone to ping but i hope you guys like it!!)

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 19 May 2019 at 4:26 PM

@skye
I think you might have the wrong image. It leads to wild_wonder's Bloomare suggestion. 😱

Genderqueer
8 posts

skye • 19 May 2019 at 4:27 PM

@prairie oh, whoops! i had the wrong link copied, lol. it should be fixed now, thanks for letting me know!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 19 May 2019 at 4:30 PM

@skye
Lol, no problem!
I really love the orb the leaming has. 😊 It makes me think about how cat's play with yarn balls.

Genderqueer
8 posts

skye • 19 May 2019 at 4:33 PM

@prairie
thanks! yeah, that's what i was thinking of too.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 22 May 2019 at 6:28 PM

@skye Its a lovely and cute creature! The second stage might be my favorite, just look at that smile!

Female
890 posts

murfijs • 30 May 2019 at 4:19 AM

@skye its soo cute ❤️

Female
44 posts

littletigrpaws4 • 30 May 2019 at 4:35 AM

@skye I hope this gets made into an egg cave creature. ( And coincedentily this leamming looks a bit like my cat! )

Deleted • 19 September 2019 at 1:48 AM

@skye i love it