Does anyone still play Pokemon Go?

in Entertainment

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 10 June 2019 at 1:47 PM

I know im rather late to the craze but....

For a task i need 3 new friends. Anyone still play that i can get their friend code? I tend to gift my friends daily and would prefer people who gift back

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 11 June 2019 at 8:31 AM

@pet_cemetery

3759 7023 6879

I'm still an avid player of the game and I suggest looking for a local Facebook group, or for your state. If you're lucky, there will already be a list of friend codes there. I'll try to send gifts as often as I can, but I've been a bit slack lately due to uni work.

If you have any questions about the game, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to help. I know quite a lot about the game and some things I will mention are...

If you're able to, try and speed through the Mew Special Research tasks as you'll need to find a Pokemon that is currently everywhere due to the event.

ALWAYS CHECK IF ADVENTURE SYNC IS ON. This is hands down my favourite feature of the game as it allows us to keep hatching eggs and get buddy candy when the game isn't on. You'll need to check to see if your phone is able to have it as some don't. iPhones are easiest as you'll only need to set up Apple Health and remember that low power mode will disable adventure sync. I don't remember what Android needed as I am an iPhone user but I recently was able to help a few mates with their Adventure Sync problems.

Non-event shiny rates are 1 in 400 while community day rates are usually ~1 in 30.

Even if you don't think you want to play seriously, you may in the future so if you find really good Pokemon (IV wise) you may want to hang onto them for a while.

Trading is a thing and it's possible that after Sword and Shield is released, it may be possible to trade with people internationally as atm there's a 100m distance restriction to trading. Lucky Pokemon are a thing and the trading rates are very high if you have less than 10 lucky Pokemon.

You can battle Ultra friends no matter how far away you are but before that, you have to be close.

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 11 June 2019 at 2:07 PM

@mastergemma

Sent you a friend request also thank you. I will. Though im not sure there are really that many people close by who are playing. I live in a fairly rural area with only a handful of pokestops and gyms nearby.

I only recently got enough candies to evolve my bulbasaur. Ive had him walk with me as a buddy. Ive log like 56 km with him totalled.

I just wish pokemon go wasn't such a battery hog

Simce im still fairly low end should i worry more about it CP or its appraisal? I have some that have both but some of my strongest CP have only a soso rating.

I transter any pokemon immediately that have a not very good at fighting rating and favorite any with simply amazed me rating.

Im having trouble finding a ditto for the Mew quest. Any hints on catching one?

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 12 June 2019 at 12:32 AM

@pet_cemetery I would recommend keeping an eye out for both. CP due to being new to the game and needing something to take down gyms and IV for the future when you have enough candy/stardust to worry about it. A lot of high CP Pokemon will have crappy IVs but they still have their uses for raids and battling gyms

If you find a Pokemon that should be weather boosted but isn't, it will be a Ditto in disguise. Ditto can only appear is a really common pokemon (Pidgey, Rattata, Hoothoot, etc.). Sometimes Ditto can be found in Research Tasks but atm it isn't in one. It's so hard finding a Ditto, I haven't seen one in months and I think you need a Ditto for the Meltan quest eventually as well. Since there isn't currently an event, you should be able to find one a little easier as the normal spawns will be back.

I bring around a battery pack with me everywhere I go because it drains the battery so much. But then every game I play on my phone drains the battery faster than PoGo.

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 12 June 2019 at 4:43 AM

Wait how do you know if a pokemon is weather boosted when you encounter it?

If its a day thats normal boosted and the ditto is disguised as something not boosted would it show as boosted or not? Or ditto is disguised as a normal type wouldn't it be boosted?

Also i dont suppose the game will allow us to trade? I would love to make friends from all over and be able to trade region specfic pokemon.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 17 June 2019 at 4:44 AM

@pet_cemetery
Occasionally you'll see Pokemon that have some white swirls moving around it, those swirls means that it is weather boosted! You can also check the weather in the top right (I believe) and it will say what types are currently weather boosted. If there is something that shouldn't be weather-boosted boosted, then it is 100% a Ditto.

You'll also notice that some Pokestops will have a ring around it while others don't. The ones with rings are Pokestops you haven't visited before (or are ones you haven't visited since the major update to pokestops 1-2 years ago) and they will give bonus XP for spinning it for the first time.

Presently, no we wouldn't be able to trade. But in the future there may be a chance and if this chance does happen, I have some spare legendaries that I can give you.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 21 August 2019 at 10:05 AM

i also played pokemon go once in a while, but since i now have my own cellular i play more with my children!

my son Romeo222333 : 3338 6352 0809
me Rashka82: 8867 2566 4438
my daughter Naobiwo : (old husband account, must have his password to get in it from my cell! (should get it tonight

@mastergemma

thanks for sending your code! 😃

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 22 August 2019 at 4:12 AM

@rashka

Perfect timing! I needed new friend codes for the new Jirachi research tasks ❤️

I'm a little sad I have to change my buddy from my Gyardos to a Feebas for the second stage of the Jirachi quests though, I've had him for over 800 km

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 22 August 2019 at 8:58 AM

@mastergemma

woah, Jirachi! 😃 i already have a feebas as a friend, to try to get it to evolve, but haven't walked that much! 😋 and cool, glad to help! 😃

first legendary pokemon i got with research is a raikou

as i don't always have pokemon opened on my cell, it doesn't take all the km i walk about half of it i think! and i'm more of the time driving to a place or another, so they don't take it too.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 22 August 2019 at 11:18 AM

@rashka
Double check your Adventure Sync settings, then you don't have to worry about it being open! I've written a bit more about how to set it up properly for iPhones earlier in this thread but if you have a different phone, you'll need to google it.

My first legendary was a Moltres, the very first day it was available! I stumbled across my university's raid group and became one of them!

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 22 August 2019 at 11:31 AM

@mastergemma

i found out how to get it running, the app told me what to do when checking the adventure sync in pokemon go!

i had to go to my health app. and i had things to buy, so i'll see later if it worked! 😋

i also did sheets with all pokemon go's pokemon names i noted how many i have of each and the lowest CP they have so if i'm wandering if i take that pokemon, i'll go see in my sheets!, i did it in a google sheet! i can give you the link if you'd like

Non-binary
32 posts

crescentmoons • 22 August 2019 at 3:05 PM

driveby on this thread to drop myself in here and scream about how excited i am about jirachi

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 24 August 2019 at 5:41 PM

@mastergemma

is that ok if i too your friend code and gave it to someone??

can i bring it along some others i have to give you new friends??

@cresentmoons are you willing to give your friend code?

if you don't want me to bring your friend code anywhere, i won't write it on my sheet! just tell me it will be put on the list or erased (for @mastergemma)

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 10 October 2019 at 8:59 AM

I haven't played much recently as I just couldn't be bothered but I managed to get a shiny Giratina. Couldn't land a shiny MewTwo but I'm hopefully going to get an EX raid pass that I should be able to do. Gosh I really hope online trading can be a thing soon.

@rashka
Sorry for the delay, I'm happy for you to do that! If you can tell me their usernames so I can make a note then that would be awesome! When I have a lot of gifts, I try and send really interesting ones to overseas players.

@crescentmoons
I can't wait to own the little cutie ❤️

I cannot wait for community day, I don't actually have anything on this weekend so I can actually play!!

Deleted • 21 October 2020 at 4:27 PM

I still play ._. I have an eevee farm and my partner is a Charmander. He's close to evolving so I can't wait for that. I suck at catching so usually by the end of the day, I'm down to only 10 Pokeballs (we don't talk about that), but other than that, yeah.