Hello, New Here

in Welcomes & Introductions

Female
2 posts

celene • 5 September 2019 at 12:15 AM

Hey, I just joined and I don't know really anything that's going on except that the eggs die after one day of not being fed. Yikes! Can anyone tell me things a new person should know? Nice to meet you all btw!

Also is it good to adopt lots of eggs, or better to only have a few? Like should I be selective with the eggs I adopt, or just adopt them all?

1,038 posts

anarchy • 5 September 2019 at 12:34 AM

@celene Welcome to Egg Cave! I just gave your eggs a quick feed ^^

Your eggs won't actually die after one day of not being fed, so no worries there. Each day a creature isn't fed, they lose a little bit of happiness, and if their happiness is below a certain level, there's a chance they'll die for every day their happiness remains low. So it could take several days or even weeks for a creature to die.

If you don't want your creatures to die, I would definitely recommend putting your creatures on Tim's Food Shop. You can also hire an immortalizing service to make your creatures immortal. I know immortalraven and moonweaver carry out these services for pretty reasonable prices. I'm sure either of them would be happy to help out!

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! ^^

Female
2 posts

celene • 5 September 2019 at 12:49 AM

@anarchy Ah okay, thank you so much! That makes more sense.

And I returned the favor with some of your creatures, tried to especially feed some that were under level 2000.

Do players usually try to adopt every egg at the cave or is it harder to maintain the health of the eggs if you have too many? Maybe I should wait to get more until mine are higher level? What would you recommend?

1,038 posts

anarchy • 5 September 2019 at 1:31 AM

@celene No worries! And thanks for the feeds back ^^

Hm, I think that depends on the individual user. I know some people like to keep smaller coves with only creatures they really like, while others like to have big collections with a lot of creatures. It sort of depends on your playing style I guess.

I think for newer users it's probably better to have a small-ish cove at first so that you can focus on the creatures you have and get familiar with the site's basics. I've seen a few newbies with large coves take a short break and come back with most of their creatures dead, which can be discouraging.

If you want to keep a large cove though, you could use Tim's Food Shop or an immortalizing service so that you can adopt more creatures without worrying about them dying. You could also purchase a Leaf of Vaka from the Cash Shop Park, which ensures your cove is always at full happiness so that they never die. This option requires CC, which you can buy/trade from other users or buy with real money.

Hope that helps ^^ And feel free to let me know if you need help with anything else!

Also - if you find any Sammieds or Huhus in the cave, I'd definitely recommend keeping those at least since they're only available this month ^^