Cove Feeding Suggestion

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 29 December 2019 at 11:02 PM

Everyone feeds coves for some reason. Usually EC, sometimes to help others evolve their creatures, sometimes to help keep others’ creatures alive, and sometimes just out of the kindness of their heart. But no matter the reason, it takes so painstakingly long that sometimes it just doesn’t feel worth it, especially if you have an older device.

I was in the process of feeding a friend’s account when I thought: wouldn’t this just be so much easier if we just used something like the cove list creature addition feature? (That’s a mouthful) Then I looked deeper into it, and, would this really be too bad of an idea?

Just above the cove list tabs there could be a tab like the cove list addition feature, where you could click to feed all of a cove, all of a certain cove list, or all of a certain species. This way it would be much easier to get creatures happy and fed, and frequently inactive people wouldn’t have as much trouble keeping their creatures alive because, just by going to their profile and clicking two more buttons, their entire cove will be fed!

As for matters of EC, it already ranges around an average of 100 per creature fed, right? In that case, after feeding a cove, cove list, or species inside a cove, you would receive 100 EC per creature fed. For instance, say someone had 83 creatures in their “Please Feed” cove list. You fed that list, and from it, you gain 8,300 EC.

I think it’d be much quicker and easier for players to use, and hopefully the same to implement. This way we don’t have to spend hours trying to keep our coves happy and fed or trying to save up EC for our favorite creatures by feeding others’ coves.

Pings ~
@jlya (She’s literally the only person I know all that well here 😋)

Female
73 posts

dragoncrider • 29 December 2019 at 11:36 PM

@apple_dumpling As much as I kind of hate feeding, I feel like gaining the rewards for clicking a button to feed all of the cove undermines the entire feeding mechanic. If they implemented that feature then there really wouldn't be a point to the whole currency system as players would just go and find all the maxed out coves and press a button. There's also the fix of keeping creatures alive by Tim's food shop, Leaf of Vaka, click exchange, etc. that they've already implemented. If I were to suggest something sticking by your idea without breaking any of the mechanics: having a button like that but only for your own cove and the only things gained is hunger and maybe stats.

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 29 December 2019 at 11:43 PM

@dragoncrider

Yeah, I worried about it undermining other features of the game, I just didn’t know how to string it into the suggestion. Perhaps it could be a cash shop option to implement to the game, probably something more expensive. I’m not exactly sure how or if it would fit in in that case, I just thought the idea was neat and I wanted to mention it, since I have had strokes of infrequency and it’d be a nice feature, especially if I wanted to save some time. What worried me most was the fact that it would take meaning from the Leaf of Vaka.

Female
1,726 posts

minnie298a • 31 December 2019 at 12:10 AM

@apple_dumpling
I agree with the above, that if something like that happens, then ec should be left out. You could theoretically make millions in a matter of minutes. (there is roughly 60K in my cove alone, and I know of several coves that are double the size of mine). I know from experience that it currently takes me something like 7 hours of fairly dedicated play to earn about a mil on double feed day.

So the player would still be doing the nice thing of helping evolve creatures or just keep them alive, but without totally destroying the economy.

In saying that, I can go days without feeding coves. I prefer the XC.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 31 December 2019 at 9:02 AM

@minnie298a ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴄᴏᴠᴇs ʟɪᴋᴇ @applestorage and @thedragonpalace 😱

I ᑭᗴᖇՏOᑎᗩᒪᒪY Տᗴᗴ ᑎOTᕼIᑎᘜ ᗯᖇOᑎᘜ ᗯITᕼ Tᕼᗴ ᑕᑌᖇᖇᗴᑎT ᖴᗴᗴᗪIᑎᘜ ᑭᖇOᑕᗴՏՏ. I ᗪO IT ᗯITᕼ ᗩ 2015 ᗩᑭᑭᒪᗴ ᗩIᖇ Iᑭᗩᗪ ᗩᒪᒪ Tᕼᗴ TIᗰᗴ, ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᗩᑎ ᗴᗩᖇᑎ 100K ᗴᑕ Iᑎ ᑌᑎᗪᗴᖇ ᗩᑎ ᕼOᑌᖇ... I ᗩᑕTᑌᗩᒪᒪY OᑎᒪY ᑭᒪᗩY ᗴᘜᘜᑕᗩᐯᗴ Oᑎ ᗰOᗷIᒪᗴ, ՏO Tᕼᗴᖇᗴ ᗩᖇᗴ ᑎO ᑭᖇOᗷᒪᗴᗰՏ TᕼᗩT I ᕼᗩᐯᗴ ᖴOᑌᑎᗪ TᕼᗩT ᗩᖇᗴ ᗩ ᖇᗴՏᑌᒪT Oᖴ ᗷᗴIᑎᘜ Oᑎ ᗩᑎ Oᒪᗪ ᗰOᗷIᒪᗴ ᗪᗴᐯIᑕᗴ.

Female
1,726 posts

minnie298a • 31 December 2019 at 9:47 AM

@stevepat2002
It was thedragonpalace I was mainly thinking about, but couldn't remember the name other than it had dragon in it. May have to remember the other one next dfd.