Salune ~ Anytime Creature <3

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 3 May 2020 at 3:29 AM

please let me know if the link doesn't work!
https://imgur.com/a/Op0jc5z

I have two very neat rats, Sorroh and Salem, who I love with all of my being. About a month ago, Salem ran up to me, hurt. It broke my heart, but it was 1 AM and there was no way to get her to the vet, which would take her in about 12 hours. I sat next to her the whole night until we could go in, where we learned that her eye would have to come out tomorrow, at 8 AM. So while she recovered, I came up with this little guy ❤️
If you want to see Sorroh and Salem, I'd be more than willing to share pictures ❤️

If you can't tell, I have the artistic talent of a 2 year old and I messed up quite a lot. Also, I did the first stage last, and in about 5 minutes, lol.
In the first stage, it's supposed to be lying down on it's stomach with its legs under it and the ball by its hind feet. And you can't see the three closed eyes, but they're there!

measurements:
length: 0.3 m
weight: 0.5 kg

description
egg:
This egg has smooth grey fur, and fluffy purple patches. It's surprisingly satisfying to the touch. Three small indents can be felt near the center of the front of the egg, and the one on the top is much harder than the bottom two. If shaken, you can hear the rattling of a tiny, marble-like item shaking around.

creature:
Until fully grown, Salunes have very little use for their extra eye, mostly just being taken advantage of as a plaything. As they grow older, and more playful, three crystal-like growths start to emerge from their head. Nothing is really known about said growths, as removing them is detrimental to the creature and after death they have little use, other than a pretty display.
The solid orb that they carry around through their youth is placed in their third eye when the creature feels the time has come. It doesn't symbol growth or maturity, as they can place them in before they are fully grown. The eye shifts from pink, to purple, to blue, and is commonly used by expecting creatures or Arkians to guess the gender of their offspring. However, trials have proven that these party tricks are merely bogus, and cannot accurately guess the outcome. Nevertheless, having a Salune run around at a reveal party has been a tradition for decades. It does come with controversy, and the use of Mars and Venus stones have proved the use of Salunes meaningless.

Female
163 posts

qtpie7 • 3 May 2020 at 6:54 PM

@marner aww it’s very cute and I like the way the purple complements the grey 😊

Female
491 posts

icedragon3000 • 3 May 2020 at 7:48 PM

@marner It´s very cute 😸

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 3 May 2020 at 8:37 PM

@qtpie7 @icedragon3000
thank you both ❤️

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 3 May 2020 at 9:41 PM

@marner
It seems very unique. I would say it was a little messy, but then i read the description so i got that explanation.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 3 May 2020 at 9:43 PM

@meisawesome
Yeah, I'm extremely messy, lmao. I tried my best with what I have and that's alright. Glad my description helped get my image across. Thank you ❤️

710 posts

nut • 3 May 2020 at 9:50 PM

lovely! rats are such incredible creatures 😊

Male
17 posts

doveveve • 3 May 2020 at 9:55 PM

@marner this was such a cute story and an even cutter design,it scales well while evolving .Can i see sorroh or salem if its not too much to ask for? 😊

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 3 May 2020 at 9:57 PM

@nut @doveveve
Thank you both ❤️
doveveve, i'll pm you!

101 posts

subie • 4 May 2020 at 1:04 AM

@marner
I love the colours you chose for the creature! Such a cute concept and I really love the description. Sending lots of love to Sorroh and Salem! ❤️

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 4 May 2020 at 1:12 AM

@subie
Thank you very much ❤️

Female
211 posts

stefrawr • 4 May 2020 at 8:12 AM

@marner
I love it because you used your own pets as inspiration.
I think its cute and I would adopt ❤️

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 4 May 2020 at 11:26 AM

@marner aaaah tysm for showing this too me! Also, I personally love your artstyle- >: )
Tbh, I really want this to become a real EC species, because your story of inspiration gave me feels and the creature description is too good for my simple vocabulary to explain. And I really want to hoard them- they are adorable ❤️ If this comes out I'm gonna snatch them all- Probably rambling by now but the Salune is just too amazing for simple, coherent description

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 4 May 2020 at 7:01 PM

@stefrawr
thank you very much ❤️
@fanficmelon
oh man thank you so much! It means a lot to hear that lmao ❤️

Female
207 posts

loved • 4 May 2020 at 9:53 PM

@marner I hope your little Salem is doing well❤️

I'm really in love with its poses especially the 1st stage! I look forward to seeing it made😊

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 4 May 2020 at 9:59 PM

@loveshapiro
Thank you very much!

162 posts

surgeon • 5 May 2020 at 12:34 AM

@marner Wow each stage is beautifully drawn and imagined. I really love this 😊 We need more mice creatures on here. Good luck!

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 5 May 2020 at 1:27 AM

@surgeon
Thank you!