Suggestion| Poll Results

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Good idea?

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 6 May 2020 at 8:55 AM

Feel free to skip/skim this first paragraph if you’re short on time.

Before we get into the suggestion, let’s say you make a creature suggestion. You go to make the forum, and decide you want a poll to see what people think, so they can be honest because the poll is anonymous. You put in options like “I love it!”, “meh”, and “it’s good”, but when you publish the forum, you can’t see the results. You have to vote to see the results, and that defeats the purpose. The poll is to see what other people think, not yourself.

What I propose is the results of the poll be automatically visible to the creator of the forum. This would make the results more accurate. Even when people make a “only for me” option, people still click on it. With this feature, that option wouldn’t be needed!

A few pings: @iia @wizard @shadowfaxe @decay

Deleted • 6 May 2020 at 9:04 AM

@stevepat2002

This makes sense. It's a bit weird how the poster is also include in the poll. It messes up the calculation.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 6 May 2020 at 9:37 AM

@miastone543 thanks, that's what I thought too

Female
1,472 posts

froot • 7 May 2020 at 4:38 AM

@stevepat2002 Exactly... and when I forget to add "NO CLICKING", I always feel bad voting "I love it!" on my own posts so I always scrap the poll and make a new one... but that erases all the votes :/

Female
189 posts

wizard • 7 May 2020 at 1:26 PM

@stevepat2002
Oh yeah I definitely agree! I don't make many posts (much less posts with polls) but I can easily see how this could help a lot. 😱

Other
33 posts

zikitty • 13 July 2020 at 2:09 PM

@stevepat2002 I definitely agree with this.