What exactly is an Onny worth?

in Trading & Auctions

Female
19 posts

tymid • 11 April 2011 at 10:59 PM

Okay, we all want one, yes? And yet, there's so few to go around, and those who have them are unlikely to give them up. I've heard different opinions...but what is an Onny truly worth? Everyone says: 5 CS eggs, or, the aliens...but what do you think they're worth?

Also, I'd like y'alls opinion on a thought I had. What do y'all think about the concept of Egg Vouchers? For example, they'd be found around the site, etc., and be just as rare, if not rarer than the alien eggs. However, if found, a user could trade in the voucher for one egg of their choice. Vouchers could not be sold/traded, and there's always the question of people botting, but I think it would be a good idea for those of us who simply cannot afford CS eggs, and who generally dislike the idea of quit-stalking. It would also be a way for those "impossible" creatures, such as DooVoo, Macbot, and Onny to be obtainable and tradeable. Thoughts?

Female
494 posts

plookle • 11 April 2011 at 11:15 PM

I'm liking that idea a little, although I think the cheating would be exceptional. I hate quit-stalking too though, I hate how when someone quits immediately like 50 ppl comment on their wall asking for things, most don't even bother to say anything other than, can I have ___, ____, and _____. I mean I don't know. I currently have everything I want, which makes me complacent, but I just don't understand how rude and annoying egg-beggers can get.

As for the other question, my opinion is that it's ALL based on individual wants, ALWAYS. I've traded an Onny for 10 fairly rare LEs, and I've traded one for a bit of information, it all depends on what people want. I even saw an Onny recently put up for trade in exchange for nothing more than the recent cave LEs. Just stalk people's wish lists and eventually you may get lucky.

9,386 posts

smilies • 12 April 2011 at 1:03 AM

@tymid I think that's a really good idea, although I can't decide because that makes LEs available.... But then, if it was really rare then it would be fine.... There should be rewards for being on for a long time, or being more active though so people don't just make multiple accounts? I don't know...

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 12 April 2011 at 1:47 AM

@smilies yea, i think it should be more likely to happen the older the account is 😊

Deleted • 12 April 2011 at 2:29 AM

@tymid I don't really like that idea. Maybe vouchers for a certain amount of CC, but not LE creatures. I mean, the whole point of LEs is that, well, they're Limited Edition. xD It kinda takes the novelty out of owning an Onny, kinda like the Cash Shop Park Balrogs took the novelty out of owning a Balrog. :/

I mean, I know it wouldn't be as bad, but still. xD Does anyone else here get what I'm saying ... ? xD

9,386 posts

smilies • 12 April 2011 at 3:10 AM

@ijilleh Yeah, I get it 😊 But people are going to get SOOOOO annoying about LEs, you know?

Deleted • 12 April 2011 at 4:25 PM

@smilies Hmm. I see what you're saying, but I still don't like the idea. :/ Plus then noobs might be all like "If you have a voucher could you get me an Onny?" or stuff like that.

Maybe there could be special creatures available for you after a while of playing? :/ Sorry, entirely different idea but whatever. xD

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 12 April 2011 at 4:25 PM

I like this idea! However, people with storage accounts will take advantage of this. >=D

Deleted • 12 April 2011 at 5:43 PM

I mean like, every day you log on is counted, so once about every three or so months of logging on you get a creature. 😸

9,386 posts

smilies • 13 April 2011 at 12:29 AM

@ijilleh Or like Gamespot, where the time you spend online adds up on this bar and you go up levels and earn ranks.... But instead you could get points, and they add up to rare creatures after AGES AND AGES AND AGES xD

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 13 April 2011 at 1:17 AM

@smilies but some people(like me) leave their eggcave window on all night and never log out 😱

9,386 posts

smilies • 13 April 2011 at 1:32 AM

@redfire77 Hmmmm.... It seems like there is no fool proof way of measuring time spent on eggcave... You can even have your browser on auto-refrest xD We could do egg feeding... Wait that's just EC xD xD xD xD xD An onny for... 999,999,999EC? LOL xD

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 13 April 2011 at 1:47 AM

@smilies or maybe 1cc for 1 billion ec XD

9,386 posts

smilies • 13 April 2011 at 2:20 AM

@redfire77 That's just stupid D: I was going to say 1BIL but that's too much xD Remember Ian said calla were going to be SUPER expensive, but they were only 100,000EC? xD xD xD LOL

Deleted • 13 April 2011 at 2:53 AM

@smilies You could get 100k in about an hour if you really set your mind to it. xD

And CC to EC transitions are something that I've been thinking about too. 😱 Maybe 10CC for 1 million EC?

And as to the time-creature awards, maybe there could be a whole nother kind of currency, Time Cash or something like that, and a Time Cash shop too. You could get like 10 TC every day you login and are active, and there would be a TC shop with special, unique creatures, maybe like six at least, costing like, one that costs 150 TC and one that costs 400 TC, one that costs 950 TC, one that costs 1250 TC, and so on. 😸

There would be event creatures, but they'd cost far less, like maybe 20-40 TC, to give newer players a chance. 😸

So what do you guys think of that idea? 😱

Female
21 posts

calicowanderer • 13 April 2011 at 7:00 AM

@ijilleh That was actually a great idea! πŸ˜ƒ

Im online all the time, but the only reward is EC which you can only use on travels if your eggs are happy. I loved to feed that short amount of time it took to get 100.000 for the calla. So more of that kinda stuff, and not only holiday related eggs. I wanna earn it!!

Male
2,935 posts

miomar • 13 April 2011 at 7:35 AM

Cool ideas!

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 13 April 2011 at 4:07 PM

@ijilleh that sounds really really confusing. 😱 3 currencies=O.O

but it would be cool.

Deleted • 13 April 2011 at 8:41 PM

@ijileah I like it! I just want help with my shaibun collecting... lol

9,386 posts

smilies • 14 April 2011 at 12:27 AM

But how do we measure time? Because you could leave it on overnight xD Could depend on your forum posts lol xD But @ijilleh great idea 😊

Deleted • 14 April 2011 at 4:51 PM

@redfire77 @smilies @_icarlyrocks_55 Thanks! πŸ˜ƒ

It's not perfect, but yeah. xD Maybe you have to collect it every day.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 14 April 2011 at 7:13 PM

10 everyday and the creature is for 190? That would take 19 days, so they would not be that rare of pets. πŸ˜‹ But when you said time you made me think of a clock creature.. Lol.... πŸ˜‹

Deleted • 14 April 2011 at 8:35 PM

@taffy789 Clocks are cool. 😱 And that is true, but of course it would take a lot more to get the better eggs. 😸

9,386 posts

smilies • 15 April 2011 at 1:16 AM

3650!!!!!!! LOL You'd have to come on every day for a year! xD

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 15 April 2011 at 8:06 AM

I don't want to log in though. There should be a bar at the top of the page that says "Collect Daily Time Cash." Either way, it's something that we should suggest to Ian. πŸ˜ƒ

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 15 April 2011 at 9:43 AM

I think it depends on the person like me I think an onny is worth 2 CS creatures that have just been lately released or it can also be worth just a shaibun since they were both released the same date it all depends on what the receiver wants hope I helped 😊

Deleted • 15 April 2011 at 3:51 PM

i like the voucher idea- but thatd also take the fun outta hunting down the super rare egg uv always wanted. If u TRADE for one of the super rares- it makes u feel all accomplished inside😊- u EARNED the pet of ur dreams😸
Quit-stalking is nice too, but also sad. and there is no guarantee of them being forever urs.
as for vouchers, people would start up begging for u to get them an onny, or doovoo, or whatever for them or start driving others insane by asking.
as for buying with ec, that might work;)[and the idea of 1mil ec for 10cc sounds good;)] feeding MILLIONS of creatures is worth the wait, and makes u feel all accomplished inside as well;)*sneaks off before others catch on to icicle's idea f trying to become the worlds first eggcave BILLIONAIRE!!!!{Extrodinaire of course;)}

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 15 April 2011 at 4:27 PM

@someone123 REALLY?! i though onny's were worth WAY more since they were cash shop. shaibuns weren't :/

@smilies thats not that hard. just takes a year XD

Deleted • 15 April 2011 at 5:39 PM

@icicle_9510 I don't think you should be able to get Onnies for EC. That would be too easy, even if it was in the billions. :/ And like I said, it kinda takes some of their rarity away. xD

@taffy789 Yes, let's do that! Good idea. 😸

9,386 posts

smilies • 15 April 2011 at 11:55 PM

@icicle_9510 actually I think it would help stop beggars if they actually had a chance at getting one πŸ˜‹ Trading for something doesn't make me feel special πŸ˜‹ You didn't EARN it, you just swapped πŸ˜‹
@someone123 I'd offer 2, no 3! shaibuns for an onny any day and I wouldn't get one πŸ˜‹ Onnys are worth WAAAAAAAAAY more πŸ˜‹
I think a year of coming on every day would feel like you earned an onny πŸ˜‹