Almost 10 years old

in General

How old is your cove?

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 30 June 2020 at 7:31 AM

July 3rd is my cove's birthday and this year it'll be hitting double digits by finally turning 10 years old. It's kind of crazy to think I've been around for so long.

Does anyone else remember the old forest green themed site?
Anyone remember the Calla being a new and elusive creature?
Commenting on each others profiles before the PM system was a thing?
The lack of seasonal events?

Time really flies and the site has changed so much!

How long have ya'll been around Egg Cave? Any other "ancients"?

Female
3 posts

afkay • 30 June 2020 at 10:25 AM

Happy (early!) 10th Birthday on EC! I've always admired and felt ever so slightly jealous of those who've been part of sites for such a lengthy period of time, I think 10 years ago I was playing outside or simply didn't know of the existence of sites like these which is a shame.

I only joined a little over a week ago after seeing the site popping up on Yarolds, I thought it looked a bit immature at first but decided I wanted to join some more click sites so gave it a proper look and honestly fell in love. It's such a sweet and ever so friendly site that I really wish I had been part of those who joined years ago.

But hey, better late than never am I right? 😃

Female
3,798 posts

sparklefox • 30 June 2020 at 12:43 PM

@mightyeglantine - Happy early birthday to your cove. The fact that this site has been around for over ten years now is crazy, it really doesn't feel like it's been that long. Time surely does fly.

Your post is bringing back so many memories. Remember when we used to use the comments on blog posts as our own mini forum before V2? Reading back on them can be fun sometimes. I also remember getting completely stuck on the "use the ID's in the alphabet" puzzle in the Ghosty plot. In hindsight, it really wasn't exactly the most complicated puzzle in the world... though I guess it was to a clueless kid.

I also miss when we weren't spammed with pointless items every month too...

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 3 July 2020 at 3:29 AM

@sparklefox

I deeply remember all of that, to the point that I didn't even know I remembered them until you mentioned it lol

I do remember the days of spamming the blog posts so we could all communicate with each other before the forums existed, fun times were had sitting and refreshing hoping for a quick reply from a friend, especially when I was young and still had a bedtime!

I too miss the days when items weren't such a large focus on the site, I mean they're definitely cool sometimes but a lil to useless for me to indulge in them.

@afkay

Definitely better late than never! I honestly don't remember where I stumbled upon eggcave but I do remember clicking someones Olimpt and falling in love with it. Then I joined the site with me main goal of obtaining an Olimpt for myself, I took me like 6 years of being a part of the site and trading my lil heart out to finally get my Olimpt.

Times have definitely changed here on EC, bout 5 years ago it felt like I was the same age as everyone else, but now it feels like I'm an elder amongst a million shiny new accounts. Definitely lost some good members through out the years ☚ī¸