Mysterious Asteroid Chances

in Help & Questions

Female
8 posts

crystalrainbow95 • 7 August 2020 at 3:03 AM

So, I've been going to the Mysterious Asteroid every day ever since I discovered it (when I started playing Egg Cave), but I haven't gotten any eggs from it.
What are the changes of actually getting a creature from the Mysterious Asteroid, and what creatures can I get from it?
Thanks!

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 7 August 2020 at 6:18 AM

@crystalrainbow95

The chances are low. Very low. I want to say astronomically low, but that seems to much like a pun. At a guess I get probably a creature maybe twice a year or so, could even be more like 3 every 2 years. And that's going every day. The last two I can remember getting were 18 months a part, but there may have been one in the middle that I can't remember (I've bought some as well, so not 100% certain on which ones I've won and which I've bought). One of those was a "prize" from the recent Victory Day event.

As for the creatures, you can find a list on the Archives page. Or here https://eggcave.com/archives/search?obtainable_from=asteroid .

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 August 2020 at 7:14 AM

@minnie298a
Twice a year?!? I’ve been here a year today, and haven’t found ANYTHING there XD

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 7 August 2020 at 7:44 AM

@galaxyleopard
That's at an absolute max. The last one I got was a Pareteorsite during the recent Victory Day thing, so was actually a prize, not a "true" find. One before that I definitely remember is my Nyacos (got so excited) in January 2019. There's a possibility that I got another one between that I sold, but the last 6 years have been a bit hazy and my timeline is really wonky with things like when I got a creature (or even where it cam from as I mix up Asteroid creatures and Thief shop creatures easily). I can remember getting one a week before a Victory Day event, but can't tell you what it was, or if it was last year, the year before, or the year before that. Only remember being annoyed that my chances during the event were likely to be so much lower having just won a creature.

I have 8 Asteroid creatures in my cove right now. 5 I definitely remember winning, the earliest being in September 2011. I know I've bought some (cheap in auctions) and sold some (where I'd already had that species), so my numbers are out.

I also participated in the Asteroid plot, which supposedly gives you a better chance of finding the creatures.

Female
8 posts

crystalrainbow95 • 8 August 2020 at 6:29 AM

@minnie298a Thanks!