in General

Transsexual
137 posts

sonny • 25 August 2020 at 6:48 PM

but you need 100 posts in the forums to submit an entry!!! im an introvert ☚ī¸

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 25 August 2020 at 11:23 PM

@sonny maybe you could try participating in some forum games like dogs vs cats, count to a million, etc that don't require much social interaction? ^^ that may help you reach 100 posts

Other
33 posts

zikitty • 26 August 2020 at 12:33 AM

@pwuffy The problem is, it can't just be a quick post. It has to be "a quality post" which I think is supposed to mean you contribute actively (?) to the discussion at hand, so quick posts like that don't count. I think this makes sense, in a sort of proof you can write, but it is also unfair if you don't have time to make 100 posts, especially if you're an introvert and don't like to talk about just anything. At least there will be plenty more competitions in the future, so maybe then @sonny and I could get a chance.

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 26 August 2020 at 12:37 AM

@sonny @pwuffy @zikitty
So long as you are not posting spam or breaking forum rules your posts will count towards your post count and thus entry into the contest.

However, it should be noted, that posts made in the Games section do not add to your post count. This is because of the spammy nature of most games.

Other
33 posts

zikitty • 26 August 2020 at 3:18 AM

@Orderedchaos Ah, that clarifies it, thank you!

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 26 August 2020 at 12:30 PM

@zikitty @Orderedchaos oh my apologies ^^ i wasn't aware that they didn't count!

perhaps sometime the rule could be revisited - after all the forums are not a necessary part of enjoying egg cave and many active users don't even use them, but might be interested in entering the CDWC... maybe instead it could be better to have a requirement that your account is a certain # of months old? just a thought 😊

Other
33 posts

zikitty • 26 August 2020 at 2:35 PM

@pwuffy @Orderedchaos Or perhaps # of active hours? Since some people might have gone inactive and suddenly got interested then wanted to write a creature des.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 26 August 2020 at 3:43 PM

@sonny

Maybe you can try looking at open roleplays in the roleplay forum? Its quite easy to get 100 posts in there, especially when you're committed to one. It does require social interaction, but the community is very sweet and they'll love nothing more than someone joining their roleplay 😊

Female
11 posts

holfrisky • 26 August 2020 at 7:21 PM

Ahh, I wish i could enter the writing competitions too DX

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 26 August 2020 at 8:20 PM

@sonny
I'm fairly introverted as well. Like yourself, I've also been around for a while.

A fair chunk of my posts would be answers to "Why is it so?" sorts of questions (which often have the answer of "because it's always been that way" or "it was changed years ago due to idiots"), often ones not responded to in the first day or so. Or discussions on "bugs" that are actually deliberate programming that has been in place since time began (or the event began). As a result, I'd suggest checking out the help and the ideas boards.

Site events also drag a couple of posts out of me. Valentine/Choc event, has me signing up to gifting lists (and some extra posts revolving around those), Halloween has a couple of things as well.

Plus there is the occasional trading board. Normally me trying to trade away excess points from the two previously mentioned events.

It has slowly built up over the years, but I really need to be in the right frame of mind to communicate.

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 2 September 2020 at 9:01 PM

@sonny

Aw man that sucks

Female
99 posts

justagiannamoment • 17 September 2020 at 8:11 PM

Oh! That explains why my post count was missing posts! I didn't know that they didn't count! That should be noted somewhere on the writing contest page maybe?

Non-binary
1,034 posts

distorted • 18 September 2020 at 3:47 PM

@sonny I understand. Im kind of an introvert too. Maybe try participating in feeding contests? All you have to do is feed the creature, ping the host, and tell them that you fed them every day. Im hosting one! You should join: https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/73949. Hope this helps!