Instead of shaming, try releasing.

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 5 October 2020 at 9:23 AM

Whenever I release a creature to the adoption center, I am given the message that it is deposited harshly on the cold cement. (Something to that effect.)
How about the adoption center Alkuba say something positive? "We will take care of it until it can be re-homed or released into the wild."
Then people could come by and either feed or adopt it. If you feed it, you get a small amount of EC. If you adopt it, you get more.
Currently, users are shamed and pay a very small amount of EC to possibly kill our creature. But where do they go? Straight into the adoption center. So why the dramatics? You can teach a kid a lesson, without trying to crush their spirit.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 5 October 2020 at 9:32 AM

@poserpanda actually, when you put a creature in the adoption center, it remains in your cove until it is adopted. Also, the message you are referring to is probably to deter people from abandoning their creatures.

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 5 October 2020 at 9:56 AM

@poserpanda I'd probably disagree 😋 yea it's virtual but its good to instil into players that pets shouldn't be abandoned and are for life, fiction affects reality to a certain extent and I think it's actually a good message that eggcave is trying to teach 😱 I'd also argue that it doesn't shame or crushes anyone's spirit and its also really easily ignored, I abandon some creatures sometimes too, even when I was still a child on this site, but the messages aren't too bothersome because you can just ignore them 😱 but I do like the idea of having more to do in the adoption center, like feeding pets in there, sort of like a community creature lol xD reminds me of the kadoatery in neopets where you get items for feeding kadoaties 😊

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 6 December 2020 at 3:41 AM

I know this is a couple of months old so i hope its not considered in active however i wanted to post by feedback on this.

You are heavily promoted to trade and swap pets however donating them isnt allowed. If the message is not to give up pets however swapping them is fine then that message is random to me lol. I feel the fee of donations is a massive disadvantage as it dispromotes the the idea of giving to others as people don't always want to go through the process of the trade centre.

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 25 January 2021 at 1:10 PM

To add a side note, this is the only way to give people your creatures for free. Besides instantly transferring them. I don't wanna have to do that, just to give away the creatures that I grabbed from the cave, that I know others will want.