Idea: Optional Locking Of Main Cove List

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Would you like this as a feature?

Female
462 posts

megadash • 9 October 2020 at 4:17 AM

To help people who don't want random clicking & feeding, give them an option in "Preferences" to lock (& unlock) the main ("All") tab on their profile page so that creatures can only receive VIEWS and cannot be clicked. If players want any creatures to be clicked on, they must be put on a separate list.

As an extra level of security, it would be even better if the scrolling option in the upper-right part of the creature's profile. This would help players who don't want "griefers" clicking & feeding, even if not logged in.

Female
1,862 posts

magenta • 9 October 2020 at 7:57 AM

@megadash great idea! this would be a good quality of life feature and prevent accidental clicks/misfeeds and the eventual anger between both parties xD I'd love this sort of feature tbh! ah but sorry i dont really get the lower part of your post are a few words missing? what about the scrolling option? 😱

Non-binary
1,033 posts

distorted • 9 October 2020 at 12:26 PM

@megadash Yes but I have one creature that I dont want evolved and it uses VIEWS to evolve ☹️ Though people keep feeding it! Maybe add an option where it doesnt get views? 😊

Female
462 posts

megadash • 9 October 2020 at 4:04 PM

@magenta:
If you look on a creature's page, in the upper-right corner of the actual profile (across from the name of the creature), you'll see where the creature is, alphabetically, in your cove. The arrows send you to the next creature's but they're links that add a click.
@distorted
That's a good idea, but I've kinda just accepted that there's no real way to spare them (without spending a too much money…on BOTH sides of business transactions). At least we can ease tensions a lot with random clicking & feedings.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 9 October 2020 at 4:50 PM

@magenta
@megadash
@distorted
Hello! As I see why you would want this feature, it would also defeat the purpose of freezes, which in turn would decrease the revenue of this site...

Female
462 posts

megadash • 9 October 2020 at 5:18 PM

@stevepat2002
People don't respect "No Click/No Feed" requests. I don't want to block people (it's bad for business & isn't good for a community game), but, that's my only choice when people evolve creatures THAT I'M TRYING TO SELL! I've made UFT tabs; people don't respect that. I make a Feeding Pen; people don't respect that. I take MY PRECIOUS TIME to give SIMPLE RULES OF ETIQUETTE. This is a simple way to help people, who can't afford to spend HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS of REAL MONEY to freeze (and unfreeze) creatures & it eliminates a way for griefers to ruin the game for others but minimize the NEED to block people, so blocking becomes more of a last resort & even protects creatures from people who are logged in while still allowing for specific creatures to be advanced.

You could even make it a feature that you need to buy with 🪙, not 💵, every time you lock or unlock it.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 9 October 2020 at 6:27 PM

@megadash I do see that side of things as well, and it would be easier to stop from accidentally feeding outside of feed tabs. However, if you're trying to trade creatures, chances are people are looking at the uft tab, and in turn clicking the creature to see its description, species, etc. It would be useful for most users, but it may not be best for the site. Thats just my opinion though, and its probably flawed...

Non-binary
1,033 posts

distorted • 9 October 2020 at 6:29 PM

@megadash I feel bad for blocking some people on the side account where I keep my stage 3 Unusith (the one i dont want evolve) since they feed my creature and it says on the wall, status, and profile not to feed...

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 9 October 2020 at 8:09 PM

No support from me.

My reasoning is simple: Freezes

I know its frustrating to have something you were planning on freezing clicked and fed til it evolved but I think locking coves would be a MAJOR blow to the site's income. I probably spend the most on freezes, and I'm sure a lot of other people are the same.

Female
1,862 posts

magenta • 10 October 2020 at 12:58 AM

@stevepat2002 never thought about it that way 😱 thanks for accounting for freezes lmao i didn't think about that xD but yea it probably wouldn't be feasible for the site in the long run ☹️

102 posts

mishababy • 11 October 2020 at 10:58 PM

I definitely see the need for this. In fact, I don't think this is nearly inclusive enough.... hmm... posting my own suggestion.

Female
113 posts

pooh • 22 October 2020 at 4:37 PM

Good idea! 😃