Any furries? ._.

in Chit-Chat

Well?...

Deleted • 20 October 2020 at 9:57 PM

This has been a question spiraling in my head since I crashed here. Are there any furries? Did they all leave? Were there ever any? If someone could help me out here, that would be great.

What's a furry?

A furry is basically a person who has an interest in anthropomorphic animals. It's a fandom..not what everyone else says about it. People who are furries sometimes purchase fursuits. A fursuit is a custom costume of an anthropomorphic character that you or someone else has created. Fursuits are very expensive, with a range of costing $100-$15,000! It depends on where you live. There's a lot more to this fandom, but that's for another day. If there's any questions or concerns about it, then feel free to PM me or do some research.

Thx for stopping by 😊

Edit: There's a lot more than I thought O>O"

Trans Man
151 posts

ancientclaw • 21 October 2020 at 4:39 PM

I don't think I know any others on here but I consider myself one! Definitely not financially ready for a fursuit but I have a few anthro characters.

Deleted • 26 October 2020 at 3:19 PM

@ancientclaw lmao I wasn't aware that someone posted here. I'm not financially ready for one either. I also have just a couple (hundred) characters too.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 26 October 2020 at 7:13 PM

@dreamii I could consider myself one, but the social circles that I've seen def scare me a lot because of how aggressive the ones I've seen are like. But that might just be twitter in general, haha.

I def would love a fursuit though!

Deleted • 26 October 2020 at 9:43 PM

@dragonii Ha, that's probably just Twitter in general ^^ Good luck with the fursuit thing also 😋 When I'm ready, I'm gonna have one made ASAP (that is if my maker isn't closed o^o)

1,558 posts

dragonii • 27 October 2020 at 9:20 AM

@dreamii Thats fair, haha. Which fursuit maker are you looking at to make your fursuit?

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 27 October 2020 at 9:34 AM

@dreamii Hi! I am one ^^, currently making my own fursuit atm. If I were to buy a fursuit I don't know what maker I would choose, I have seen someone on instagram who can make puppet fursuits though. Those are pretty cool, they basically change expression if you hold your fingers a certain way.

Deleted • 27 October 2020 at 2:44 PM

@dragonii Koshka ^^
@wolfkit That's cool! Also yeah I think those are cool too but I'd probably strain my hand. o^o"

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 27 October 2020 at 3:23 PM

@dreamii
I guess by definition I kinda am. I enjoy the community and I'm friends with some furries on different social media. Though I don't really have sonas or suits. And I'm not really good at art so no use trying to make one lol.

Deleted • 27 October 2020 at 3:32 PM

@izziedragon Don't worry abt your art skills, that doesn't really matter 😋 I mean, you could just make a ref or use a base. If you choose to make the ref (without a base), then you can commission other people to draw what you made and boom, you have yourself a good sona and you don't have to worry about people seeing your art.

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 27 October 2020 at 7:11 PM

@dreamii Yesh I am. 😸

Deleted • 27 October 2020 at 8:31 PM

@distorted I feel "non-surprised" about that- I don't know why lol

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 27 October 2020 at 8:33 PM

@dreamii idk why either lol

edit: I have the aura of a furry

Female
324 posts

disney • 30 October 2020 at 1:47 AM

dreamii - Yep! I've been in the fandom for a very long time 😋

Deleted • 30 October 2020 at 7:54 AM

@disney Cool! Do you have a fursuit at all? ;p

Female
324 posts

disney • 30 October 2020 at 12:13 PM

@dreamii - Yeah! Its quite a bummer though I only ever had a chance to make it to one convention before the covid outbreak started. ☚ī¸ Can't wait to be able to go to them again!

and ummmm..... I actually have 4...soon to be 5. I have a little bit of a problem xD

Deleted • 30 October 2020 at 12:15 PM

@disney That's cool! I only ever went to one convention too and that was a cosplay con, but I did see some furries (ColossalCon). Also that's not a problem, I've met people with 20!

Female
324 posts

disney • 30 October 2020 at 12:23 PM

@dreamii - Nice! I actually haven't ever been to any cons that aren't fur cons xD But I think it would still definitely be fun! 😊

And holy cow. I take back what I said about having a problem xD The only person I knoow (that I'm aware of) that probably has like 20+ suits is twilight saint. I mean I don't know them personally but I follow them on twitter. ^^'

Deleted • 30 October 2020 at 12:26 PM

@disney It was alright ^^ I was younger when I went and I never have in-person met a cosplayer, so it was a bit awkward- I got some pictures tho xd I have no clue how people actually manage to have all those fursuits ;-; I mean geez, those things are expensive ;~;

Female
324 posts

disney • 30 October 2020 at 1:28 PM

@dreamii - Yeah, I can imagine it taking a bit of getting used to for a first time. I feel like I always kinda feel awkward asking people for pictures, but I got brave enough to ask some people at the con I went to ^^ And yeah! Not to mention maintaining that many fursuits would be kind of hectic. I don't even want to think about what the maintenance process must be for that many fursuits... xD

Deleted • 30 October 2020 at 2:54 PM

@disney Oh geez. The maintenance- Imagine having to wash like 20 fursuits. I can't even imagine how much time and money that costs.. also brushing all of those? Heck no. I'd probably stuff 18 of those in a closet and forget about them. ;-; I'm terrible when it comes to taking care of stuff. (Also if those are full-suits, nah, I'm out. That's gonna be impossible to take care of-)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 2:11 AM

To answer the first post:

I have a lot of friends who are, and hang out in many of the same places online, so I guess I kind of am by proxy. But I never really identified as a furry. Kind of more on the outside looking in.

And I emote like one a lot of the time even in text messages. (It's sort of hard to explain... but eye contact and human faces scare me, so even in my own head I have a wolf avatar, which is the animal I feel most comfortable around.)

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 11 March 2021 at 2:20 AM

@dreamii Well,to be honest i never considered myself a furry,but i dont have anything against them 😋 But i do imagine myself as a cat or Zigzagoon often-

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 March 2021 at 7:24 PM

I was in the music tastes thread and realized I need to give a shout out for furries introducing me to some of the best party & dancing music on the planet! A Million Thanks!

Two-Spirit
2 posts

syntetynthia • 22 March 2021 at 7:51 AM

I used to be, unfortunately I still have 10+ anthro OCs

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 7 August 2021 at 2:51 PM

Well, I used to be a big-time furry, but I've settled down. I think my family is uncomfortable with it though.
I have a sona that was some reptilian-alien kind of thing, so would I technically be more of a scalie?

I haven't been near the fandom very much because the forum and servers I have been on have been getting pretty crazy in drama and the likings, But I did meet some nice friends at least.