Has the community shrunken or grown?

in General

Male
536 posts

creaturlord • 16 January 2021 at 11:03 AM

Last regularly played this game in 2011.

The vast majority of websites I used back then are just completely dead. This one, on the other hand, seems to be faring up quite well in the modern internet - so how is the site doing guys? First time i've logged in since like 2013 or something lol.

I've noticed the forums are quite inactive though - back then there used to be constant activity and posts in alot of subdivisions of the forum.

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 16 January 2021 at 12:11 PM

@creaturlord welcome back to egg cave! i am also an old player, i came back about a year ago and have been playing fairly regularly since then! if you have any questions feel free to ask 😊

i think the site is still pretty active but i would say that the social aspect like the forums aren't quite the same as they used to be. i remember the forums being extremely active too, but they're mostly used for trading, rp, and sometimes some forum games it would seem these days! i don't really know why this is exactly but people still chat on each other's walls and such 😊 i would love to see a revival of the forums too though!

Female
3,757 posts

sparklefox • 16 January 2021 at 2:33 PM

@creaturlord - Welcome back! The forums can be quite dead at times, with the most active threads usually just being forum games and trading / selling threads, like Pwuffy said. Roleplaying threads seem to be making a comeback again, I'm starting to see them pop up a lot. I'm pretty sure most people just use wall comments and group PM's to chat now.

I'm glad that this site has stood the test of time pretty well, even if the community doesn't appear to be as bustling as it once was. I scrolled through my old email when I was bored one day and checked a bunch of pet sites that I signed up for as a kid, and most of them are either inactive, abandoned by the devs or defunct.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 16 January 2021 at 4:27 PM

@creaturlord
Welcome back! I came back last summer after years, and I can concur with what the above two have said. Everything's still pretty active, but the forums are much quieter than they used to be. I hope they are revived soon. 😊

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 January 2021 at 10:21 PM

@creaturland
Welcome back! I'm fairly new, but I just came back from a one year hiatus. I used to rp a lot on the forums, but now there's a lot less of them. I just joined one though, and I'm hoping more will spring up! 😊