Breeding Suggestion

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 1 October 2011 at 4:37 PM

A lot of people would like to have the breeding option on the site. Would anybody like to sign this ballot saying that they want this to happen to? If so, please sign your name and say why.

Some pings:
@redstar-fireclan
@isablah
@goku
@lola622f

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 1 October 2011 at 4:38 PM

I would because then there would be a vieriety of creatures and it would be more fun. But then that'll be alot of work for Ian

5,632 posts

linpug • 1 October 2011 at 4:41 PM

I disagree because the rare creatures on here would loose value. 😉 Also if you meant a mix of creatures, There would be almost uncountable creatures.

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 1 October 2011 at 4:41 PM

@juliettbrown
I sign! I think this would be a great option. But, I think that:
1) it should be around 750 cc
2) an egg would take a week or so to be made
3) if the female goes below 25 happiness before the week is over, the egg has a 50% chance of never appearing

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 1 October 2011 at 4:42 PM

I wouldn't because rare creatures loose there rarity. Mabey the rarer the eggs the longer it takes and you have to have a Male and Female and the rarer the egg the less of a chance they have of laying an egg.

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 1 October 2011 at 4:43 PM

Good idea all of you. I need to sign.

- Juliettbrown

There! XD

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 1 October 2011 at 4:45 PM

@qwaszx
@linpug
*looks up at my post*

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 1 October 2011 at 4:45 PM

I thought you meant crossbreeding. Like Marlay+ Bragon= Margon. I wasn't thinking about duplicating...

5,632 posts

linpug • 1 October 2011 at 4:46 PM

@cqpkytty I saw it

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 1 October 2011 at 4:47 PM

@lola622f No thanks to many eggs 😉

@cqpkytty Well people would duplicate Onnies and Tines and it wouldn't be fair!

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 1 October 2011 at 4:51 PM

crossbreeding would be hard work and then there would be too many creatures.

breeding the same creatures is just dumb. there would be no such thing as "rare" creatures anymore, even if you made breeding cost real money. and then eggcave would be boring 😋

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 1 October 2011 at 4:52 PM

I like it! If there were like a boy and girl left of a species, they could make more eggs to save the species 😉

~Whispers

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 1 October 2011 at 4:58 PM

I wouldn't sign, because I don't think breeding would be positive for the site. If it's just a game and for the fun of it, it would still be very bad for the rarity of some creatures, such as Tine and Onny, which I think should remain special. Also if it's to prevent extinctions I'd prefer a different method, because all the new creatures would end up with people who already have them. I'm not against rereleasing retired creatures, I just don't think this is the right way to go about it.

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 1 October 2011 at 4:58 PM

@qwaszx
@candy_girl_1298
Would you rather have Macbots increase in rarity, or have Macbots GO EXTINCT?!?

EDIT: sorry, I meant DECREASE in rarity.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 1 October 2011 at 4:59 PM

I say no. It's not fair.

9,386 posts

smilies • 1 October 2011 at 5:00 PM

@cqpkytty Macbots will never be extinct, as many are over lvl2000.

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 1 October 2011 at 5:00 PM

I like. 😊

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 1 October 2011 at 5:02 PM

@smilies exactly.

@cqpkytty

and if they would go extinct i would rather them go extinct than have the rarity of a tasma -_-

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 1 October 2011 at 5:04 PM

@Juliettbrown - I like this idea, because the original reason why I joined EggCave was to have fun and collect creatures, not to improve my bartering skills. :/

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 1 October 2011 at 5:06 PM

@cqpkitty

The problem with this suggestion is that it would be a limitless decrease in rarity. On other threads there has been a suggestion to then make breeding really difficult, highly restricted, expensive and with a small chance of success, but then what's the fun of it? I just don't think breeding suits eggcave...

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 1 October 2011 at 5:06 PM

@smilies
I know, I was just using it as an example. Also, plenty of users quit and don't adopt/trade their creatures out, so maybe, eventually, all the Macbots would be on abandoned accounts. Which is basically the same as extinct, because nobody who was actually playing Eggcave could ever get any.

@candy_girl_1298
750 cc per creature is not "rarity of a tasma." Besides, maybe it could be more than that. Maybe... 3000 cc? (I don't think many people would want to spend THIRTY DOLLARS on a single egg)

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 1 October 2011 at 5:07 PM

I do not like this idea. Sorry. ☚ī¸ It just doesn't seem like fun..

9,386 posts

smilies • 1 October 2011 at 5:08 PM

@cqpkytty There are other solutions, such as the contents of abandoned accounts appearing in the AC.

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 1 October 2011 at 5:10 PM

@smilies
But those solutions receive just as many nay-sayers as this one.

...and now I feel like I'm the one who posted this topic 😋

9,386 posts

smilies • 1 October 2011 at 5:13 PM

@cqpkytty I agree, there's no way to make everyone happy.

But my opinion is that if you don't log on ONCE in a year, you forfeit the right to your pets.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 1 October 2011 at 5:18 PM

@smilies Agreed. 😊

The problem with never using old ideas is sites get boring because your goals can never be reached.

And other sites DO re-use ideas and they still are well valued and rare because the demand is high! 😊

But yeah, there is so much negativity surrounding an idea that has been successful in the past ☚ī¸

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 1 October 2011 at 5:19 PM

@smilies
But, by the time a year has passed, all/almost all of your creatures generally die.

I speak from personal experience. None of my creatures were left when I came back. I had looked forward to having a full cove of last-stage Bunthoffs; when I saw they had died I thought, "Oh, well. Off to the cave to get some more." A few days later, after finding no Bunthoffs, I checked the Bunthoff section of the Archives. They were endangered; I wouldn't find any more.

I wish they had simply gone to the AC; but they died instead. ☚ī¸

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 1 October 2011 at 5:23 PM

@cqpkytty Quite a waste isn't it? ☚ī¸

9,386 posts

smilies • 1 October 2011 at 5:23 PM

@cqpkytty BUT NOT THE LVL2000, and it's Macbots we are talking about, and Macbots are probably all over 2000. 😋

5,632 posts

linpug • 1 October 2011 at 5:26 PM

@cqpkytty I would rather have them extinct, even though the few remaining ones are over leval 2000