Gallery feature

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Gender Questioning
289 posts

shine • 10 February 2021 at 10:49 PM

Alright, this idea is totally lifted from Neopets, but I think EggCave could use an user gallery feature. It seems like a natural complement to user shops, and it's really fun. User collectors like myself can use a specific creature for that purpose, but personally I'd love to be able to collect around a specific theme and showcase those items regardless of the shop they're in. For example, let's say I collect apple-themed food, there are several shops that sell it and you have to choose a single shop to see the collection right now. I think a gallery would be a lovely addition, giving users a new activity to engage in and perhaps even increasing interest in item collecting. Plus, galleries have the potential to look really pretty, and I'd love to see everyone's choice of themes/items.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 March 2021 at 1:47 AM

lol... that's one of the first things I was looking for here when I seen items I liked in the shops. I have the tendency to collect things. ...and finding out that most of the backgrounds are one use only makes me want to hoard *ehem* I mean hold onto them even tighter, rather than spend more EC on the off chance I run into rare items again. The few uses one gets out of an item makes me reluctant to buy or use them. (Comparing the value, I rather save up for creatures.)

If I knew I had somewhere safe to display them (That I could take them out if I ever needed to) would make me a LOT more likely to buy things.

I have ideas for themed pets here... but unless I make a master list in my profile, there'd be little way for other players to be able to appreciate it. As it is, most players just click though Coves as fast as they can either trying to get through helping out others, or trying to make EC.