"Item doesn't belong to you" message.

in Problems & Bugs

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 March 2021 at 11:07 PM

I wish I would have copied the whole message or took a screenshot, but I'm completely frazzled today; my apologies.
I bought an item in a shop. Then when I went to move it to the strongroom i got a message the action couldn't be done because the item doesn't belong to me. (I was thinking 'oh great, now I get an item stolen', but) I found that it was in my strongroom after all.
Wondering if I possibly got the message because I'm on a new web browser?

===

Edit: [ 3/13/21 3:15am ECT: and now I'm finding chocolate boxes too. And what is up with the chocolate box bug/glitch thread showing someone posted three days ago, but the last post was back in January?!]

Edit: 3/25/21 1-ish am ECT: Well, apparently it's not the browser as I'm on a different one and it happened again while trying to transfer some travels. (But they were there just fine.)

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 12 March 2021 at 11:36 PM

@snowywinter
Hmm... that’s strange, never had that happen to me(I don’t think it’s possible to have an item stolen from you), it could be a glitch because of the new browser. What browser was it?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 March 2021 at 11:57 PM

@athanasia

[Name of Browser redacted after reply was read. Will share with mods if asked by them.]
(long story, but I'm completely fed up with the popular browsers. While security is a nice ideal, I tried it for the lower drain on RAM. And so far I'm quite happy with it. ...other than the random strange behavior. It's also sent me to the page *after* my reply on a few threads, which of course is blank.)

As for the stealing thing... I was concerned because of a hint I seen somewhere about storing EC in the strongroom so it doesn't get stolen. I never got around to asking if that's a random event, only happens in certain places (like The Northern Plains) , or doesn't happen at all. (The only site I ever played that's similar is Neopets, and credits or items getting stolen as a random event is totally a thing; so just to be on the safe side I've been storing everything here at regular intervals.)

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 12 March 2021 at 11:59 PM

@snowywinter
Ah! There’s no event going on rn(at least not that I know of) I think it’s just a glitch, and your EC can never be stolen(if this happens a mod can help you).

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 March 2021 at 12:20 AM

@athanasia Just for clarification, I don't mean an event like the whole chocolate extravaganza, but like during it you'd be feeding pets and randomly you'd find a chocolate.
It may be a glitch, but I'm suspecting it's a security measure on EC meant to stop people from trying to do unscrupulous things. (And given the way this browser operates... I wouldn't doubt it somehow flagged something. Be it for the lack of caching, or the way it hides identities.) Or preventing people that use the same computer from accidentally taking other peoples stuff, after another player left a window open and logged out.

Calms my nerves a bit to hear another player say that the EC can't be stolen, but I swear i read it somewhere in the official notes on my first couple days to use the strongroom to keep XC & items safe.

Female
1,718 posts

minnie298a • 15 March 2021 at 3:29 AM

@snowywinter @athanasia
The warning is on the Strongroom page, but I can't think of a time when ec was stolen that didn't involve an event.

The upcoming Dragold Event can result in your EC being stolen. But only a portion of what is on hand, and only when you interact with the page.

With the event, you go to a page to visit the Dragold (and I want to say it's every 15 or so minutes) . You go to the page, click you want to participate and a couple of things can happen randomly ( like Neo's Snowager). You gain ec, get ec stolen, get a prize, get sent to the cave to collect a creature and I think nothing is an option. If you have no ec on hand before the approach, none can get stolen.

The Ark Day event runs similar as in you go to a page, agree to participate at each time and then a variety of similar things happen. Only there instead of ec getting stolen the negative is an ec item in your inventory getting turned into lump of coal (CC items are immune). Again, if you transfer items to the Strongroom first, it can't be turned into coal.

The Halloween event involves collecting seeds through feeding like you collected the chocolates fro valentine's Day (only you spend what you find and don't need to swap them). There are also several games to play. One is a double or nothing game where you gamble 5 seeds to try to win more. Another you ask a question, and can either win or lose a random amount of seeds.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 March 2021 at 6:05 AM

@minnie298a Thank you ! I totally wish I could upvote your reply a 100 times over.

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 15 March 2021 at 12:55 PM

@minnie298a
Thanks so much for the info! I am for sure going into the dragold’s den empty handed lol

Can’t wait for the other events!