Let a newbie pick your brain?

in General

Female
19 posts

soraia • 7 April 2021 at 8:06 PM

Hi there! I just joined a couple days ago and have been mostly trying to gain my bearings before posting in the forums. But now I've built up a few things to ask you guys that I'm curious about.

1. What are some of your favorite pet + travel/trinket combos? I'd love to see what you all have paired up!

2. Do people just not really use the Click Exchange, or is it just overcrowded? I currently have 747 outbound clicks and only a whopping 17 inbound. Do you rely more on other systems/methods to build your stats?

3. How often do you buy pets from the Cash Shop? I already gave in and bought the Kolibri and Kooka and I'm already impatient to see what next month brings. xD

4. What would be the reasoning behind someone NOT wanting their pets fed? I've seen this pop up a few times where it seems like people don't want their pets touched, but I'm kind of confused as to why.

This is already probably too many topics for one thread, so I'll stop here. Feel free to answer any or all or none. I'm also open to any other advice you might have, or general info. Every pet site has it's own culture to navigate, so I'm definitely open to tips and tricks!

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 7 April 2021 at 8:59 PM

@soraia

1. Hello! I Have a few favourite creatures, My favourite five are in the final cove list on my profile.

2. Ah, the Click Exchange isn't used much. I hardly check it. I keep the creature that I want evolved as my profile creature to gain views.

3. My parents won't spend money on CC for me :'>

4. They would want to freeze it the stage it's in.

If you have any other questions, you can ask me!

349 posts

cho • 7 April 2021 at 9:47 PM

@soraia
What are some of your favorite pet + travel/trinket combos?
https://eggcave.com/egg/418997 - Pixgog + Lion Constellation (Nulli Stage 4)
https://eggcave.com/egg/206832 - Shaibun + Tree of Sparkling
https://eggcave.com/egg/2508083 - Angold + Silver Glow (Cosmomon Stage 4)

What would be the reasoning behind someone NOT wanting their pets fed? I've seen this pop up a few times where it seems like people don't want their pets touched, but I'm kind of confused as to why.
No CC to freeze yet.

Female
1,729 posts

lexicon • 7 April 2021 at 10:02 PM

@soraia

Welcome to EggCave❤️ Hope you like it here! c:

1. *pokes profile creature* this lil guy is my new favorite lol. You can check out my cove for more ideas, I switch them around all the time to find the perfect creature + travel combo!

2. Unfortunately, the Click Exchange only really gets active during certain events such as the Valentine's Day event where you feed to get certain "tokens". I think it's too crowded ):

3. When I can't help myself lol. Over the many years that I've been here I've only actually bought CC a few times (during the Cyber Monday deal where you get extra CC with each purchase!). I mostly feed creatures for EC and then swap for CC or just keep creatures until they gain enough value to resell! Definitely take advantage of events where you get creatures that are valued more!

4. Like others have said, we are able to "freeze" creatures at stages we like for 200CC so people don't want them to gain stats and evolve before they get to do so 😊

Female
916 posts

shirothekittehlover • 7 April 2021 at 10:26 PM

@soraia Hi! Nice to meetcha! 😃😃
1. Some of my faves are Cosmicon and Aqxar!
2. Mmmm..never checked it out so idk,sorry ^^' *shrug*
3. I dont have CC but i do go to the Lottery ^^ but unfortunately i never got any single creature ftom there TTwTT
4. Its cuz some people doesnt like the next stages of their creatures,amd as a result they wanted others to stop viewing/clicking/feeding their creatures before it got frozen

Anyways,hope you have a nice day! 😊😊

Female
1,733 posts

minnie298a • 7 April 2021 at 11:14 PM

@soraia

1 - I don't really have any favourites. I just pick what I feel looks nice and goes with the creature. Sometimes I'll see a travel and get inspired on who to put it with, other times I go searching for a theme. I will point out that while Trinket Travels have a creature and stage in their name, you can use them on any creature. For example https://eggcave.com/egg/1237751 is an Amarra on a Clover Pad (Cloveater Stage 1) travel.

2 - The Click Exchange doesn't work as effectively as it should. There are many theories on this, and suggestions on how to fix it. One of the main problems is people putting creatures in and then not using it, mainly because they have credits just sitting there because no one clicks there. There are also credits given out daily to players who have none (10 credits daily, for I think it's up to 2 months after you last visited).

I honestly can't remember when I last had *only* 700 credits. This is because, I personally use it daily to feed. To me those creatures are safe to feed, particularly the ones in the Feed only section. The owners have gone out of their way to put them there, so I shouldn't accidently feed something they don't want feed. Some days it's 10 creatures, most days it's 500 or 1000, and during events and Double Feed Day (second Sunday every month, so the next one is the 11th of April), I go through and clear the thing.

3 - Not very often. I don't think I've ever bought the monthlies, but traded or won through the lottery any I have. I have bought a couple of the limited editions and rereleases though, but only ones that really catch my eye when I have the spare money.

4 - As others have said, they don't want a creature to evolve. And on rare occasion people can get very nasty about it. I've been yelled at before (and the player was at fault because they screwed up their feed list), which is why I primarily use the XC.

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 7 April 2021 at 11:28 PM

@soraia
Hi! Welcome to EggCave!😸❤️

1. Rie stage 4 with the Rix stage one travel look really nice, it’s probably my favorite even though they aren’t meant to be together lol

2. For the click exchange, it’s widely used by many users as a way to get more stats, so it might take a while to get stats from there. I’ve seen other users use other click exchange sites, though I haven’t used any myself.

3. Not very often, I can’t spend money on here so earning CC isn’t easy, I’ve only bought a Lui and Vatrome from the CSP and planning to by a Kooka later this month. So haven’t bought much lol

4. Pretty much to keep a creature in its stage, while they save up for an Essence of Lidstrats😸

Hope this helped!😸

Genderqueer
135 posts

noxura • 9 April 2021 at 10:31 AM

@soraia

Welcome to eggcave! I hope you're enjoying it so far, most of my friends that I introduced the game to have abandoned their accounts after a day or two lol.

I have a lot of travel combos, but here's a select few;
Flor + where the moon sleeps
Ceryneean + ajani asteroid
Iramae + rainbow planets (rotehar stage 4)
Calla + wooden beyond (yastara stage 4)

Click exchange isn't the most reliable way to get stats, I'd rather put a certain creature as my profile, but click exchange is a nice way to get a couple stats to help.

Often I'll try to earn cc by selling creatures, but I'm considering getting 500 cc since it's pretty cheap and I have the money, I just need the approval of my parents. Perhaps I could open commissions to earn some cc.

Pretty sure people just want their creature to stay in their stage as they can't buy a freeze or they're saving for one.

Female
46 posts

starshadowfire • 9 April 2021 at 10:36 AM

Hi, welcome! I'm new here as well so unfortunately I can't really answer your questions. I hope we can be friends though!

Female
19 posts

soraia • 10 April 2021 at 2:41 AM

@distorted @cho @lexicon @shirothekittehlover @minnie298a @athanasia @noxura @starshadowfire

Thank you all for your responses and welcomes! It's always nice to get some insight from people who have played longer!

And welcome to you as well, @starshadowfire! Hope you're liking the game too!

Female
46 posts

starshadowfire • 10 April 2021 at 1:20 PM

😊 I am liking it!

Transsexual
138 posts

sonny • 12 April 2021 at 6:42 PM

hi newbie! good questions!!! ive been playing since 2015 for reference :-)

1- one of my favorite things about this website is combining creatures with travels, theres literally SO many possible combinations, and i like using trinket travels for creatures they arent intended for. stars are also really fun to mess around with too!! that being said, i really love all the glimmerkin trinket travels, i think theyre adorable.
these are a couple of my creatures that i think have cool travels!
https://eggcave.com/egg/2493160
https://eggcave.com/egg/2480079
https://eggcave.com/egg/2402416
https://eggcave.com/egg/2456608

2- the click exchange is basically dead at this point. im not entirely sure whats wrong with it- a few years ago id run out of xc by the end of the day, now i can sit at around 200 xc for days at a time. activity definitely picks up around monthly double feed days, valentines day, st patricks day, and possibly some other events. some users like to use yarolds click exchange (external site) to evolve their creatures, but i dont really use it.

3- surprisingly in all my time here, ive only ever bought one creature from the cash shop, that was the goldur that got re-released in february. i can be stingy with cc because i like to freeze creatures and always wanna have some cc on hand to do that!

4- some people just dont want it! likely because they just dont want their creatures to evolve just yet. some people can honestly be kind of rude about it so definitely check someones profile before feeding to make sure before you feed.

as for other advice, just stick around is the best advice i can give 😊 it can take some time to get your footing, but everyone loves to buy monthly cave creatures, and you can buy cc from other users using ec once you have enough of it. egg cave has a great community too and lots of users often hold giveaways, raffles, or just post free trades in the trading center, ive honestly had a lot of luck in that way, a few of my dream creatures were gifts!!! keep an eye out for stuff like that. its fun to collect travels cuz i think the art is pretty, and its fun to get retired travels too! and *always* participate in events to get rare creatures and travels and such.

welcome to the site ^.^