Something like Leaf of Vaka for EC travels?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you want an item like this?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 April 2021 at 2:07 AM

[ Update: Thank you to @/minnie298a for reminding me about the Passport!
Technically post is Resolved, but I wouldn't mind a short period of feedback from a few people.
A week tops.
I was so embarrassed for forgetting about the Passport, that I almost deleted this until I realized there were slight differences in what I had been proposing.]

I always seen the advantage of having CC travels, but I got my first one today and it was addicting.

Could we have something that could turn all of our EC travels (and trinket travels) into reusable items?
(I'm thinking maybe the price could cost around 1,500 - 2,000 CC?)

And people may wonder what this may do to people buying CC travels, but those are exclusives. Just like getting cave common creatures doesn't stop people from buying CC creatures.

Female
1,726 posts

minnie298a • 8 April 2021 at 2:32 AM

@snowywinter
There is something similar already available in the CC shop. I've never used it though.

Recover Travel Passport
50CC
Use this item to take off and remove a Travel background from your creature. Instead of losing the Travel, it will go back into your Inventory so it can be used on another creature again. (Only works with non-Cash Shop Travels because Cash Shop Travels are already multi-use.)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 April 2021 at 2:49 AM

@minnie298a

Thank you for reminding me about that. I could have sworn there was, but I kept looking over/past it when I was looking in the Cash Shop earlier. *head desk*

I think too that a part of me was hoping for a multi-use object. And one that could be less tedious to use. (Like how the Leaf is just there in inventory/Strongroom. Nothing extra needing to be done. Whereas, with each Passport you have to go through buying it, and then selecting which travel you want to remove from a creature.)

I'd wonder if there could be a discount on buying the Passport in bulk, but I'm assuming they'd just point to the deal for buying the larger amount of CC.
Or an Enhanced Passport where you could purchase multiple uses (5? 10?), then reload it if it runs out.

Edit: As I was adding the update to my first post, I realized, passports being one time use automatically makes EC travels more valuable that CC travels. You pay for a CC travel once and it's forever. If someone swapped an EC travel every week, that could get expensive really fast.

Not that I could necessarily afford it, but even if what I was originally proposing cost 10,000 CC to buy, it seems like it would be worth it for those that could.

Edit #2
Another idea is at the price point I originally proposed, it could even have a usage limit on it like the User Namechange Terminal. Something like only 20 - 50 swaps per month. (any additional swaps would either have to be the typical way or by buying additional Passports.)

Female
1,726 posts

minnie298a • 8 April 2021 at 4:51 AM

@snowywinter
I don't think the passport was aimed at common travels. It was more for the rare, expensive and retired style travels. So a back up when you accidently applied your Star of Bethlehem to the wrong creature. It also hasn't been around for that long. OK, scratch that, it's been nearly 2 years. https://eggcave.com/blog/new-cash-shop-item-recover-travel-passport?page=1 That's the Blog post.

There would definitely need to be some sort of restriction if it became multi use. The one use aspect of travels (and food, and books for that matter) is a kind of an ec sink when purchased from the EC stores. It's what makes them "special" and expensive. A way for some users to make extra ec, particularly after the introduction of quests.

For those who are building a collection, it's a goal to work towards.

In saying that I wouldn't mind seeing others opinions.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 April 2021 at 11:30 AM

@minnie298a
Thank you for the link to the blog post!

*nods* I totally get the part about the one-use being what makes the EC travels special, and helps players selling them make EC. (Probably the majority of my EC income outside of feeding.)

My side of it though, is getting that first CC travel and realizing I could use it over and over again... It's one of the biggest sparks of joy I've felt since joining. (Perhaps the biggest yet.) I felt a sense of freedom, and like a weight had been lifted (if only in that one tiny space.)
(Granted, I'm just one player, compared to the mass consensus. I'm just sharing my inspiration behind the proposal.)

p.s. I'm building a collection and still would love to have multiples of a travel, even if they were multi-use. Think of the coves that in the name of having a common theme use the same travel on all their animals. It would be nice to for example be able to change them out with the seasons, or for special events. I know I certainly wouldn't stop buying multiples of a travel just because I had 1, 5, 10... .
Even if a travel is able to be used multiple times, it can only be used by one creature at a time.

(For the record, I'm not being argumentative with you. I've been really appreciative of the things you're pointing out! Very much. ❤️ You're actually helping me put into words my thoughts and feelings on the matter.)