Question about Quests

in Help & Questions

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 April 2021 at 11:45 AM

Another site I was on years ago locked a player out of using, (I can't remember what exactly, whether it was one of these or a combination of them,) Search, User Shops, and/or Trades. ...once they began a quest. (until they either completed it or time ran out.)

Does anything like that happen on Eggcave?

Female
222 posts

burrito13 • 12 April 2021 at 12:20 PM

@snowywinter

Nope, nothing locks when you start one 😊 You can use all these sections to find the items in your quests. User Shops are meant to make questing easier so items can be found quicker and well, easier lol.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 April 2021 at 8:06 PM

Thank you @burrito13! That definitely takes a lot of the stress out of it. Now I can look forward to my first quest (someday) knowing i don't *have* to be stocked up on a bajillion items. lol.

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 12 April 2021 at 8:16 PM

@snowywinter
Quests only have a time limit of 12 hours:>

Quests are fun, but when I first started, I didn’t know where anything was and got confused lol. Miserable meltdown quests are the easiest(in my opinion) because they only ask for one item when other quests ask for 2 Owo

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 April 2021 at 8:24 PM

@athanasia
I seen that. I wish it were a little longer, but they probably didn't want kids trying all day to finish them. Like 'get off the computer and go do things.'

My biggest challenge will probably not getting distracted. I'm probably going to have to turn off my notifications before I start one.
Thanks for warning me about needing 2. (And is that total? I was thinking that each quest required like 5 - 10 items each time you started one. If it's only one to two... like what the heck have I been waiting for?! If it's total, that also changes my opinion about the hours needed.)

LOL... You may have just answered a question I forgot I even had. TY

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 12 April 2021 at 8:29 PM

@snowywinter
2 for each quest, but miserable meldown only needs one

I wish it were longer too, like 24hrs, once I got both items but forgot to click complete quest so it ended lol, welp at least I have 2 extra items in my strong room

Female
1,716 posts

minnie298a • 13 April 2021 at 2:23 AM

@snowywinter
Each quest requestor has their own clock and while it's 12 hours to find the items and turn them in, once you've completed it, then there is only a 5 minute cool down before you can attempt that sort of quest again. So say at 1.00pm you start a Miserable Meltdown quest, and at 1.03 you turn the item in, you need to wait only until 1.08pm before starting another Miserable Meltdown quest. However at 1.04, while waiting for the MM cool down timer to run through, you can start a travel, or book quest. You can also have more than one quest active at one time eg a Global and Baked.

There is also the option of cancelling a quest. The only penalty is waiting an hour to do that sort again.

Personally, when I decide to sit and run through some quests, I cycle through them, one at a time. By the time I get back to the beginning, the 5 minute timer is up. If I can't find the item (or can't find it for a price I'm comfortable with) in the player shops, NPC shops or my storeroom, then I cancel the quest, and move on. I'll generally keep doing this until most are on the 1 hr wait.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 April 2021 at 5:21 AM

@minnie298a

Thank you! You gave me a lot to chew on. Definitely a lot of strategy options for a player to utilize (which is awesome!)

Personally I get so distracted, I think one at a time is all I could handle. lol! (Maybe two if I'm having a decent cognitive day.)

Female
1,716 posts

minnie298a • 13 April 2021 at 6:24 AM

@snowywinter
I only ever have one quest going at a time, but others who try to source the items and not quit, just keep on going and start a second while waiting for responses. I'm too impatient to go hunting to hard, plus tend to get easily distracted and forget I'm meant to be hunting.

As I do them while on a computer, I'll normally have 4 tabs open. In order, my Strong room, the NPC shop, the Quest and the shop search page. I try to stick to the last two. The 12 hours is very handy if I do get distracted.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 April 2021 at 11:56 AM

Thank you @burrito13, @athanasia, & @minnie298a for the answers, advice, and encouragement!

I decided to give one a try. They're not too bad.
And it was a total surprise that we get a gift object back! 😃 That really helps out (as it could be an object I wouldn't think of buying for my cove or was low on my priority list. Then it's there for future quests.)

This was definitely way less stressful than I remember it being on that other site. (I even went and got some other things done irl in between refreshing pages.)

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 13 April 2021 at 1:04 PM

@snowywinter
No problem! Happy questing!

Female
1,716 posts

minnie298a • 14 April 2021 at 12:40 AM

@snowywinter
Yes, you do get an item, and often I have used them in future quests. The Maize Maze from the Halloween event also randomly drops quest items (Wiggit Adventure books and Haunlupe Ice Creams off the top of my head)

An extra tip:
Each quest is from a particular shop. So if you can't find an item in a players shop, you only have to search in one NPC shop to see if it's in stock.
Baked Bun Quests -Sophie - Items from The Bakery
Going Global - Manjul - Travel Agency
Gourmand Quests - Hamilton - General Food Store
Miserable Meltdown - Keahi - Finley's Flavours
Speed Reading - Arkimedes - Leila Library (and this does include book ends and book marks)
Toybox Quests - Julianne - Toy Shop.

I've never been asked for Trinket Travels, or anything from the Bean Sack.