'Art Shop' Guidance?

in Help & Questions

4 posts

kittywings • 23 May 2021 at 3:31 PM

***Feel free to offer your own answers if you think a question wasn't addressed properly, but I personally am satisfied with the responses.

1. Is there any restrictions to what the 'payment' can be? (Obviously I mean in terms of onsite things.)
2. Do people scam you for art on this site? If so, are there punishments? (I don't want either party to have to pay in advance. But as for punishments, I'd like to know who to trust to be a decent person.)
3. What ways are there to send the person what you've drawn for them? (I'd hate having to go offsite for this, but preferably somewhere safe at least)
4. What are the average rates that digital art goes for on this site? If you have prices of particular works in mind, an example of them would be appreciated.

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 23 May 2021 at 6:13 PM

@kittywings
Hi! I don’t have an art shop, but here are some answers^.^

1. I’m not to sure, but from what I’ve seen people usually take EC, CC, or maybe creatures for art
2. If you are scammed, letting the eggcave staff know through a ticket would work.
3. You can find another website, create an account, upload your art, and provide them with the link. I use deviant art to show some art(ex. https://www.deviantart.com/athanasiaart/art/Macaw-879115377)
4. It depends on every user. Some users sell their art for 50k EC and some for 50CC/500k EC. It depends on how much you and the buyer value your art. Letting them shoot you an offer and letting them know if it’s a good amount or if you think it could go for more is always an option.

I hope this answers your questions😊

~ @athanasia

Female
2,157 posts

prairie • 3 June 2021 at 1:53 PM

@kittywings As a artist myself who has been around the site for a bit, I can try to give you my insight to general art coms and how that might work on here by opening up commissions to other users.
(I haven't personally had a artshop on here, but I have done it on other sites and am considering opening one for fun here)

1. As far as restrictions on payment, going by general site rules here and looking at how other adoptable sites work my best guess would be that it would be limited to onsite currency and/or items and creatures. That is only speculation though. But seeing how this site is run and such I think that is the most agreeable and safe way to do things for privacy/online safety.
If you want a answer for sure though you could always ping a mod or send a ticket.

2. Scams are always a risk no matter where you go. I'd bet that this would be more of a 'operate at your own risk' since artshops aren't highly popular on here yet (also that it is kind of the same thing with trades under rules and such) You can always attempt to contact a mod, but I do not believe there is a ton they can do.
The best way to avoid a scam in my opinion is to either have a down payment first or have a deadline to day by (a week or less).

3. Unfortunately there is no way on this site to show/embed a image to display it here (that would be nice someday, but I doubt due to terms and all on this site - images are hard to regulate) Instead I'd suggest using another image hosting site that has a good reputation - like deviantart/imgur/ect.

4. Being that there are not a ton of artshops on this site we don't have alot to go off of. You would likely have to open your artshop at a lower price and up it as you get popular. A good thing to keep in mind though is to see how much money CC is worth.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that any art you offer to do will have to follow the Site Guidelines - in particular the online conduct. Everything here is pretty much kept at PG because there is a large underage player base here.

If you have anymore questions or stuff, let me know and I'll do my best to help out!
- @prairie

4 posts

kittywings • 3 June 2021 at 4:02 PM

Okay, thank you both! I'm still not sure of what my final decision might be, but this has helped me a lot.
Most of my remaining questions are so unusual or opinion based that I wouldn't want to ask them here so much as state them in whatever post I might offer the art itself on though, so it's unlikely I'll return to this.

(Sorry if this is something you'd have wanted to be pinged for. I know some people find it irritating to be pinged so I figured this was the best way to tell you. Again, thank you!)