Toys, Books, Food, ect?

in Help & Questions

Female
129 posts

wavypavy • 28 June 2021 at 3:04 AM

What's the point of all the items in the toy shop, book shop, and food shops? There seem to be constantly added new ones, they have no practical purpose, and most of them look really boring so I'm not sure why anyone would want to collect them.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 28 June 2021 at 7:22 AM

Items affect your creatures. Books increase view stats, toys increase click stats and consumables increases feed stats. All of them increase happiness. So yeah, that's their practical use. 😊

As for collecting items, that's a different matter. There's a place on the leaderboards for most items used by a creature. So you could use them in that sense, or use them for quests. Quests require you to submit a particular item, which are sometimes not in the shops. Collecting items is a useful way to quest, so that's another reason. There could be more, I'm just explaining things from my point of view.

Hope this helps ^^

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 7 July 2021 at 12:12 AM

@singasong99
I want to thank you for this detailed answer.
I may have found it when I was newer, but as time went on I got more focused on the collecting (and recently questing) aspect(s). I forgot that those items affect stats as well as happiness. I'm definitely pasting that into my 'eggcave useful info' document!