Ark prizes = glitch?

in Help & Questions

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 21 July 2021 at 6:48 AM

"Oh dear! You found nothing when visiting this time. Must've been a glitch in the technology... " Is it for real, or just a trick/pause/waitforit sort of...something?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 July 2021 at 9:36 AM

@suzanab

I think it's just part of the game. A random not getting anything.

(And am wondering if for those people who had something in their inventory if it would have gotten turned into coal. ...Or this is just a humane alternative they're testing out. I rather get nothing, than lose something.)

I've gotten the message several times.

(better when my computer kept actually glitching and double sending the info... so i didn't even get to see my results at the Asteroid. ...and didn't realize I had to check for eggs in the Cave. Whole day of mostly getting the message that I already checked, try again later. Thankfully the prizes from AVD were automatically sent to inventory without having to click anything.)

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 21 July 2021 at 10:11 AM

Oh, then it's ok, I too rather not get anything then to be a real glitch...happened to me just this one tome and I tend to scare easily 😃 😃

sorry about your comp, must have been quite frustrating I imagine

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 July 2021 at 10:48 AM

@suzanab thankfully most tech stuff spooks me less than rl stuff. It's good to have something in my life that doesn't terrify me. Frustrate me sometimes, yes, but usually I'm chill with tech. (Except about Unix timestamp expiring in 2038.)

Quite frustrating, yes.
There were at least 20 chances for eggs I missed out on before I realized I had to check the cave, (not the recent eggs list.) One of those could have been a creature. : /

Ouch, just got the message again today. 7th try since the last time.
Glad I put your fears to ease 😊 No need to send a ticket.