⋆♦⋆♦⋆ The Maltella ⋆♦⋆♦⋆

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What kind of creature should the Maltella be?

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 29 July 2021 at 12:21 AM

@Karakia and I have made a new creature suggestion: The Maltella!!! ❤️ We hope you guys like it. 😊

Art (by @karakia): https://www.deviantart.com/foreggcave/art/Untitled-872873816

Egg Description: Maltella eggs are adorned with 4th place ribbons, symbolizing that this is one of the four stages of growth that the creatures will go through. At first glance, one would think that little golden star stickers embellish the Maltella egg, but these shapes are not stickers at all. They are as much a part of the creature as its fur, except if these "stickers" are removed it is detrimental to the Maltella's health once it hatches.

Creature Description: The Maltella species lends itself to metaphor and symbolism in many ways. For one, as Maltellas grow, the numbers that appear on their ribbon changes with them. This was intentional, designed by the original breeder of the species, Lance Varzid. After his breed exploded in popularity, he was asked many times in interviews what the meaning behind the "stickers" and ribbons on the dog was. He has said consistently that he designed a species that may reverse the beauty standards that humans are accustomed to. When it comes to human beauty, one's beauty peaks in youth. The beauty standard is a wrinkle-free face, un-grayed hair, and general youngness. With Maltellas, though, the dog is its most "beautiful" near the end. The final stage of life is when the Maltella is considered most attractive, wins the most awards in dog shows, and is generally the most prized. Varzid has also been asked how he managed to develop such a unique species of dog that grows its own artificial stickers and ribbons. He has answered vaguely, but hints that the species can be made and new bloodlines can be created using a potion of substances found all around Ark, proving that greatness is made, not born.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 29 July 2021 at 2:52 AM

Oh that's so sweet! It must come out now @Ian.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 29 July 2021 at 9:57 AM

@singasong99
thank you 😊

Deleted • 31 July 2021 at 10:51 PM

@izziebee1017 omg I love it!

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 31 July 2021 at 11:59 PM

@hello-kitty
thank you so much!!! ❤️

Deleted • 1 August 2021 at 12:07 AM

@izziebee1017 welcome I want one

Gender Fluid
180 posts

noah • 3 August 2021 at 7:09 AM

As someone who actually competes in shows (with donkeys!) I really like the message at the heart of your description- I think it will resonate with a lot of people for its positivity and depth. Always great to see another creature from you given so much thought!

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 29 July 2022 at 2:20 PM

bumping to hopefully give them a shot at being 2023 monthlies 😊

Female
2,116 posts

cranberrycat1 • 29 July 2022 at 5:16 PM

you both are so good at drawing and writing i love all the thought you put into this creature

Female
28 posts

cerynitian • 9 August 2022 at 1:25 PM

Awwww, I love the creature, I hope it gets added, I would collect a heck ton !

179 posts

noman15 • 7 February 2023 at 10:56 AM

Cute, a show dog like the cayni.