Creative Writing

in Entertainment

Gender Nonconforming
11 posts

zephyrst0rm • 27 August 2021 at 2:29 PM

Hey, just curious, would this be a good place to try and share some story ideas of mine? I wanna become a professional writer in the future and I love creating stories but don't have many people to share them with.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 27 August 2021 at 11:57 PM

@zephyrst0rm Of course! You can share them here, on the forums, or include a link to them on your profile. Most people use creature profiles to share stories.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 28 August 2021 at 10:16 AM

@zephyrst0rm

An idea would be to make a thread about writing, and if anyone seems particularly helpful or you want more individualized feedback and the person is willing to give it to you, you could DM that person. I believe @scorch_cloud222 is a writer, and she also made some really nice writing threads in the past, but I don’t think they’re active anymore.

It ultimately depends on what sort of sharing you’re going for. If you just want general discussion, then a forum like @singasong99 said would be best, but for intensive personalized reviews, DMs might be best depending on how committed and detailed the other people are. A forum could also be a good idea to see who would be good for DM discussion.

Also, keep in mind that this is a PG-ish site, and forums must abide by site rules:
https://eggcave.com/forums/rules

You also might get a variety of writers here, from actual professionals to pre-teens who are just starting it out as a hobby. The site isn’t as active as it used to be though, so I’m not sure if this is still the case.

Anyway, good luck! 😊

Gender Nonconforming
11 posts

zephyrst0rm • 28 August 2021 at 10:57 AM

@lykhaos117 Thank you! I'll keep that in mind. I'm not a professional but I'm definitely not just starting out, kind of just somewhat experienced. I started writing as a preteen and was told I have a knack for it, so I kept doing it. Most my stories don't go farther than pg13, and I can easily take them down to pg. I'll probably try to start a thread

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 28 August 2021 at 12:08 PM

@lykhaos117
@zephyrst0rm

I would be happy to provide some feedback if you'd be open to it. DMs are usually easiest to keep track of, but if you make threads for it, you could get more feedback from more people. It really depends on what you're looking for. I've found that having feedback from a lot of different people is helpful, because different perspectives can give you different things to think about, as far as a wide audience for your writing.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 29 August 2021 at 9:07 AM

@zephyrst0rm

If you’re wanting to do it professionally, then I don’t think you should try to restrict your writing from what you’re inclined to write. But when sharing in Egg Cave forums, you can just briefly summarize or leave out certain things depending on what they are, particularly if it’s something you’ve already written and are working on.

It might also depend on how “serious” the writing is and in how much detail. For example, a lot of creature descriptions might mention pain and suffering in parts of them but aren’t detailed and aren’t transmitting the emotional response of that to the reader. And people can mention here that they like stuff like Attack on Titan, but trying to transmit the overall mood of Attack on Titan to a public forum here or describing in detail some of those scenes or writing similar scenes and posting them to forums here would probably be against site guidelines.

Another thing to think about is how much potential you have and how prolific you could become. It’s probably extremely unlikely, but if your work gets really famous, someone might even stumble upon you here on Egg Cave! 😱 So keep that in mind if you end up sharing information about yourself.

@scorch_cloud222

Thank you so much for the offer! 😃 I am on a break from what I’m writing but would definitely want to send you what I have at some point, maybe when I’m planning on resuming. ❤️

I’m not sure how much you remember of my story I was working on, but I ended up setting that information into the backstory and making new characters to focus on, though the characters I mentioned are still present.