Wouldn't it be cool if for Halloween/CRW they make creatures based on the SCP foundation?

in General

Is this a good idea?

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 15 September 2021 at 12:10 AM

For those who aren't familiar with the whole mythos, the SCP foundation (short for Special Containment Procedures or Secure, Contain, Protect) is a secretive organization that contains anomalous or supernatural items and entities away from the eyes of the public.

Everything there is made under creative commons (except the image of SCP-173). Its a wiki made by the community for the community.

The creatures/items/ideas would be really cool to see reimagined here. Especially since creatures here start as eggs and have up to 3 stages. Imagination something like SCP-682 (Hard to destroy reptile) in chibi form. Or SCP 529 (Josie the half cat).

Comments? Ideas? Is this something the site would even allow? Especially since not all of the site is exactly 100% kid friendly.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 15 September 2021 at 8:44 AM

@pet_cemetery I'm vaguely familiar with this fandom but this seems cool and different! I may or may not be watching game play for scp containment breach later now...

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 15 September 2021 at 4:18 PM

@izziedragon
Yeah. 😊 Sadly some of the SCPs wont tranlate well to eggcave creatures. There are alot conceptual, metaphysical, places/buildings, ect SCPs. I dont know how you could turn those into creatures.

I've tried the game before. Its really hard, i kept getting killed. Mainly by SCP-173 (heard they had to redo the character model). Kept getting jumpscared and killed by it, open a door and there it is was, waiting for me to look away or blink. My poor D-Class never stood a chance.

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 16 September 2021 at 7:44 PM

Is CRW at Halloween? I’m so out of the loop lol

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 1 October 2021 at 11:46 PM

@lunacharm1037

Sorry, you didn't ping me and I kinda forgot about this thread.

CRW is short for creature release week. It is an annual event that occurs around mid January each year. During the event, every day for seven days a new creature is released that you can find in the caves. Usually there is some sort of overarching theme. For example- one year was dragons, another it was cryptoids.

After the seventh day new creatures are no longer released but the released creatures can be found in the caves for another day or two giving you a better chance of getting one.

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 1 October 2021 at 11:50 PM

@pet_cemetary Is CRW at Halloween this year

Actually I did respond but probably didn’t ping

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 1 October 2021 at 11:57 PM

@lunacharm1037
No. Halloween is an entirely different event that happens every year. The CRW has already happened this year.

The next CRW event won't occur till the beginning of next year.