Not asking for trivia answer...

in Help & Questions

Female
421 posts

suzanab • 28 October 2021 at 6:28 AM

...but is there an easier way to find out the weight/height of a species without going through archives egg by egg? It takes forever...

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 October 2021 at 1:38 PM

@suzanab

I wish I could even hint at how I do it, but it would practically be giving you (and everyone else) the current answer and many future answers.
When i was new and so overwhelmed at all there was to learn on the site, I thought it was something that would come with experience. Maybe people just memorize the numbers. When the solution came to me, I nearly kicked myself in the butt. It's so simple. And half the time it's takes me less time to find the answer for "what species" questions than it does to make sure the true/false questions aren't trick ones.

The only alternative method I could think of is perhaps making a spreadsheet. Time consuming, but less time consuming than looking through each egg every time. (I'm not proficient with Spreadsheets, or I probably would have done this by now.) Notepad, Notes, etc. would probably work too.
(My method works just fine for me most of the time, so I haven't bothered.)

I wish you luck! (or the ambition)

Female
421 posts

suzanab • 28 October 2021 at 6:12 PM

@snowywinter

Well, you're smart and lucky 😃 I thought it would be a list somewhere, to be easier to go through then clicking. If I find the time and if it is allowed, maybe I'll make one some day...Thanks 😊 ❤️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 October 2021 at 7:01 PM

@suzanab
I see no reason why people wouldn't be allowed to maintain their own lists for this. (I just don't know if sharing would be allowed in this instance. Travels of Terror /All Travels list at least still requires quite a bit of searching and reasoning. With this Trivia question solution it would be like handing over a cipher key. 😋)
You're welcome : )

I'll try to answer your other message some time tonight 😊

Female
421 posts

suzanab • 28 October 2021 at 7:28 PM

❤️ 😊

118 posts

lobstertheremin • 28 October 2021 at 10:19 PM

Good luck! Sorry, I wish I could tell you the method.

Female
421 posts

suzanab • 29 October 2021 at 4:09 AM

@lobstertheremin

Actually it might be better, now that I know there IS a method, I can activate my own lazy brain 😃 Thanks 😊

118 posts

lobstertheremin • 29 October 2021 at 2:11 PM

@suzanab definitely there is. You got this 😊

Female
421 posts

suzanab • 29 October 2021 at 6:17 PM

@lobstertheremin

Thanks ❤️