Quest items are blocked by users.

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 12 March 2022 at 10:39 AM

Getting items for quests are simple enough. You search the user shops for the item, you buy the-
Oh wait, you've been blocked.
So despite being blocked, I can still see that users' creatures in the click exchange, and can view their shop even to the point of pressing the 'buy item' button. But since they aren't actually blocked I can't purchase what I want, and now my quest is spoiled.

I believe there is a way around the block, and that's to pay someone else to buy the item for you. It's not unreasonable, I just wish if I block someone, or vice versa, I see absolutely nothing of their creatures, shops, or items.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 19 March 2022 at 9:25 AM

@poserpanda
I literally just experienced this. I purchased an item from someone's shop this morning, but the quests sent me back that way this afternoon. They were the only user that had this particular item listed, and thankfully for me they had multiple items in stock. I managed to buy one I needed in the morning, but by afternoon, I had been blocked, and the item was no longer available to me.

I appreciate people have their own reasons for blocking others, but I don't think that should extend to shops. If I dislike someone and block them, fine, but I'm still happy to take their EC and shift some stock. I don't think stores should extend to blockings, because it doesn't make sense. It's not like there's any method to communicate via stores.

Nonetheless, I agree with your suggestion. Either let me use their dang shops, or grey out their items in the store listings, so I know I can't purchase them.

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 19 March 2022 at 10:39 AM

Dang. While it's good to know that there are other experiencing this bad outcome, it still sucks that it happens to people. Sorry that happened to you as well.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 21 March 2022 at 9:42 AM

It's okay! I managed to find the item I wanted in the actual shops for much cheaper, so I didn't grouch about it for too long. 😋

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 21 March 2022 at 3:02 PM

@poserpanda @kataclysm thanks for pointing this out. This is a bit ridiculous in terms of being blocked. In user shops, there isn't any communication and Egg Coins are Egg Coins.

I've removed this block from user shops. If you're blocked, you can still purchase an item from that shop.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 21 March 2022 at 4:11 PM

Thank you @ian! I really appreciate how you and the staff team listen to your users. ❤️

146 posts

aquafaba • 21 March 2022 at 7:48 PM

@ian very nice, thank you 😊

Deleted • 22 March 2022 at 7:37 AM

@Ian thank you, they can't see you buying them.

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 22 March 2022 at 2:19 PM

Thank you very much! I really appreciate you taking away that blocking feature, it is very very awesome!

84 posts

quinoafuntime • 22 March 2022 at 2:41 PM

Nice suggestion @poserpanda and I'm glad it was implemented 😊

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 22 March 2022 at 2:43 PM

Thanks @quinoafuntime ! I'm pretty excited myself.