Forum Incentive

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 24 March 2022 at 9:27 AM

So, I think we're all aware that the forums are pretty dead, and I think that's largely in part due to how... Unrewarding? It can be to write here. It's faster to just post on walls, it's more visually interesting, etc.

Buuuut, I think if we borrow some techniques from sites like GaiaOnline, we could get people invested in being in the forums again. For example, if you vote on a poll on GO, you get an amount of coins for the effort. You can also 'tip' posts and donate small amounts of gold to folks that make a hilarious joke or a great point. I think if EggCave implemented things like achievements for the forum (make a topic, make 10 topics, participate in 100 threads, start a Hot Thread) with rewards of gold, CREATURES!, or rare items? Pow, you've got interesting forums again.

Additionally, the actual posting page could be a lot more visually interesting. Having the emojis on the side and clickable, for a start, as well as eCode tools to jazz up our posts. I think it's a real shame that the forums are essentially a ghost town, and I think it would be an interesting new facet to an existing feature to jazz them up and reward people for participating.

Thanks for reading!

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 30 March 2022 at 3:22 AM

@kataclysm I totally agree! I miss the old days where the forums were literally on fire 24/7. I think a nice thing would also be an option to add vistas that surround our avatars, something like the forums on Flight Rising have. It's basically a background that surround the avatar and there are a lot to choose from. They can be bough by in-game currency, real money or can be won in events. It would make the forums more colourful and interesting.