Recent Trades Thread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
811 posts

natureluvr • 7 May 2022 at 1:18 PM

I think it could be helpful if there was a recent trades thread where people posted their trade # and what they traded. That could help people know actual values for pets. Anyone like this idea?

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 7 May 2022 at 6:09 PM

i have thought about this a fair amount too, in fact, it would be nicer if there was just an automatic trade log in the trade center so you could see what people have been trading for certain creatures... like you could select a creature and see every trade completed within the last 30 days and what the accepted offer was? it could stay anonymous or perhaps you could even choose to keep your trade hidden from the log?

totally agree that it'd be great to have some way to check recent trade history for certain creatures! value guides like budgie's are nice but it's a lot for one person to update values for 900+ creatures, so many of the values are outdated/inaccurate...

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 7 May 2022 at 7:31 PM

@natureluvr
While I do think this is a cool idea in theory, I can't say I actually like it personally.
I've seen it happen too many times that someone takes one under offer - people find out, and thus go forth and want to severely under offer as well. Also seen it where those that under offer get called out and such.
Not saying I condone or like to see that stuff happen, and while this type of thing could help others get an idea of values, if it is a optional thing to turn on (which I think it'd have to be) I just don't think enough people would use it.

I do agree plenty of guides are out of date, I wish there was a more user oriented one, but I will say its difficult to get a system where it cannot be abused by users spamming in values.
Overall I think guides are going to be up in the sky for a bit, until most re-releases of the 'higher value' creatures happen. Personally, I think the most a re-release creature should get to is 15k cc(?) for really rare/in demand stuff.
But for general I think most creatures after re-releases should be 1-10k cc. Its enough to where trading is still encouraged vs straight out buying with CC. I certainly hope this site will still main as a trading & collecting game vs just collecting, since trading is a major part of this site.

In the end I think if someone wants to have a trade log people can look at, they can just write it down on a creature profile.