You Know You Are Addicted To Eggcave When....

in Forum Games

Female
2,936 posts

heatherm19 • 28 May 2022 at 2:34 AM

I searched but didn't find a thread like this, got the idea from another petsite's forum. Just list random reasons you know you are addicted to this game!

You know you are addicted to Eggcave when...
- You have 26 tabs open and 24 of them are Eggcave
- Your browser has frozen after you tried to open too many Eggcave tabs (my record is 73 tabs before it froze...)
- You've gotten so good at fast feeding that you can feed 100 creatures in 3 minutes
- You are so in love with some of the creatures that you take screenshots on your phone to show friends
- You have stayed up past your normal bedtime to make sure you win an auction (or just because you got too busy feeding creatures!)

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 28 May 2022 at 9:17 AM

yk ur addicted when
you wake up early in the morning just to make sure u fed everybody
have a whole section in ur photos just to rememeber ur wishlist creatures

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 30 May 2022 at 8:58 AM

You know you're addicted when you've mastered the art of rapidly checking the asteroid, the caves, the trivia, the races, the adoption center AND donation centre in quick succession.

Demifluid
1,507 posts

wonder404exe • 30 May 2022 at 9:11 AM

You Know You Are Addicted To Eggcave When....

Camping Oasis and recent creatures page (aka no creature found page)
Camping shops
Spam Feeding
Spam Trades/Auctions
Wait 'till the auction time is 3 seconds to bid

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 2 March 2023 at 3:32 PM

You know you're addicted to Egg Cave when...

...you have dreams about it.

141 posts

stormwarden • 2 March 2023 at 3:35 PM

you know you're addicted to egg cave when the first thing you do on your phone during your lunch break is open a tab to the site 😊

1,134 posts

hikanu • 2 March 2023 at 4:29 PM

You know you're addicted when you've got tabs open on your phone solely to check the cave for monthlies when you're on the go. XD

And when you've clicked all your way through the click exchange for no discernible reason.

And I'll have to agree with feeding 100 in 3 minutes, just fed 386 creatures in 11m24s ^^' - Which I suppose is another addiction, trying to break your own records on speed feeding lol.

Female
2,936 posts

heatherm19 • 2 March 2023 at 7:13 PM

@hikanu Ohh, trying to break your own records is a good one!
To that I'll add, you know your addicted when you finish all 5 dailies within the first hour, and then attempt to do it faster and faster each day (my best is 21 minutes, and that day included quests!).

Editing to add: You may be addicted to Eggcave if you literally tear up with overwhelming happiness when finally getting one of your long-wanted wishlist creatures.

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 12 March 2023 at 12:25 PM

...you look through the NPC shop's food items to decide what you want to eat irl / looking at the items makes you hungry for that food.

@matcha XD

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 3 April 2023 at 12:29 PM

You know you're addicted to EggCave when.....
You've finished all of the -hard- dailies in like, only 1-2 hours?!

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 14 April 2023 at 8:26 PM

...you go on Neopets and go to your partner's cov- er, profile, and click on their one dying pet to feed it. Lmao. ^^' (You can't feed other players' pets and your pets cannot die.)

Female
158 posts

applegranny • 26 April 2023 at 10:56 AM

yk ur addicted when

you refer to your granddaughter's stuffed snow leopard as her alkub

Female
2,936 posts

heatherm19 • 26 April 2023 at 12:37 PM

@applegranny Awww that's sweet!

..... You know your addicted when you seriously consider trying to find stuffies that look similar to your favorite creatures.

Female
677 posts

amelialightwing • 26 April 2023 at 1:03 PM

You know you’re addicted to Eggcave when the first thing you do when you wake up is check auctions and dailies in the morning.

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 29 April 2023 at 10:25 PM

You know you're addicted to Eggcave when...

...you stay up until rollover on the first of every month and then fail to snag a species name xD