Creature suggestion: Veolos

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 19 July 2022 at 11:54 AM

Another old creature suggestion. This one is a little weird because I have an egg stage and a lot of sketches of other stages (I ended up thinking the creature was very cute, so I enjoyed making more sketches). So, I'm also curious if there is any preference in stages.

Pictures:
https://www.deviantart.com/bubbleywolf/art/20220719-173631-923025344
https://www.deviantart.com/bubbleywolf/art/Untitled-923025369

About the egg:
The egg is kept held warm by the fluffy tail like hair surrounding it. It is fur like soft to the touch.

About the creature:
The Veolos is a rather small rodent like critter, related to the Qamarat, yet more elusive. They likes to hunt for nuts in autumn, and hoard them for winter. They're very shy and not often seen.
They live with big families in trees near farmland.

Height:
16 cm

#creaturesuggestion

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 July 2022 at 7:32 PM

Oh wow, it's really kinda cute. To be honest though, before reading the description it reminded me of a fiery fox cousin of the Flamustela.

In the top picture I liked the top middle, and right stages best
and in the 2nd pic, the far right, and botton left.
(Stretched out laying down is cute too, but those were my favs.)

Female
2,137 posts

cranberrycat1 • 19 July 2022 at 8:45 PM

Its cute, it kinda reminds me of a hedgehog but the colors remind me of a qamarat @blub

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 20 July 2022 at 9:06 AM

@snowywinter
Thank you ❤️
I knew there was another creature that was similar, but I couldn't remember what anymore!
And thanks for the feedback 😊 With the 2nd pic, bottom left do you mean the sketch? I could try to draw it again and colour it 😊

@cranberrycat1 ,
Thank you ❤️
I think when I drew it I based it more on a squirrel, but I get why you thought of a hedgehog as well 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 20 July 2022 at 11:02 AM

@blub Yes, the standing sketch. : )

I actually ran across another creature too last night that is almost similar.
The Fierha in the last two stages. (I usually see people have it frozen in the 2nd where it looks more like a sitting cat, so I forgot about it.)
Though the Fierha is a bit more similar in design, I still think it's a cute idea if the Veolos were somehow related* to the Flamustela. Either by adapting in the same region, or filling a niche somewhere else.
(*related isn't quite the right word, but I forget the scientific terms.)

But you're thinking of it more like the grain mice so that's neither here nor there : )