Addition to new Items Database

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,893 posts

heatherm19 • 20 July 2022 at 3:13 PM

The new Items Database is AWESOME and it's already coming in handy! I really like the quick-links for each item, being able to go straight to a search for it in your strongroom, trades, etc. I would like to suggest an additional quick-link that could be extremely helpful: Find On My Creatures.

When you have a few hundred creatures (and not a great memory) it's very easy to forget what creature you've used a specific travel/item on, or *if* you've used it on any creature yet. I'm specifically thinking of travels, but I'm sure it could be helpful with other items as well. Personally I prefer to not use the same travel on multiple of the same creatures, but for example when you have 100+ Tasmas it can be difficult to see at a glance if you've used this specific travel on one of them before.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 1 August 2022 at 4:46 AM

I love the concept of the Database, too! It's about time, really, but it definitely needs some polishing. As well as a 'Find On My Creatures' button, I'd love to be able to sort items by store, rarity, COLOUR, to be able to find them in the user shops, etc.

It's a good start, but the Database feels almost unfinished given how much untapped potential is waiting there. (:

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 3 August 2022 at 1:06 AM

I would love if the Database included an shop exclusive (travels, trinkets, gen. food, bakery, etc) -only option, to give me some ideas for travels for my creatures. I keep searching keywords only to look through literal MOUNTAINS of items to find one that I'm remotely interested in for my creature. So much untapped potential!

Female
2,893 posts

heatherm19 • 3 August 2022 at 1:13 AM

@twilightshine I do think the Items Database could be a lot more beneficial if it was set up more similar to the Archives, with the ability to filter by different criteria. It says to enter a number to search that specific rarity, but that's not very helpful if you don't know the *exact* number (I know if something is uncommon or rare but the exact number??) or if you want something broader like searching for everything considered 'uncommon'. It would also be very helpful to be able to filter by store! (including cash shop, event, etc).

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 3 August 2022 at 1:15 AM

@heatherm19
Yes! Also this, sometimes I come up with an item I would LOVE only to find it's retired and super overpriced, a CSP travel that I can't afford, etc. I don't know if it's just me, but it would be the most helpful of helps