Feed All Button

in Site Feedback & Ideas

41 posts

flaming_vixen • 25 July 2022 at 11:34 PM

This is just a suggestion, but I would appreciate a 'Feed All' button on player profiles. It would have pretty much the same effects on the creatures' happiness level as manually feeding them, but it would not award egg coins. (Just to make calculations easier on the programmers.) Once again, just a thought, because not everyone has the time to feed all their creatures, but still don't want them to die.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 25 July 2022 at 11:52 PM

@flaming_vixen

I'm in support of this idea as it would cut the time of trying to feed hundreds of creatures, I've suggested this before, but I don't see what the problem would be in not doing so. During events there wouldn't be a huge lag if feed all was there during halloween and valentines. It would just make so much sense and be more convenient in saving you time of 1 hour, or less some people don't even have that.

Male
272 posts

raretreasurehunter56 • 26 July 2022 at 12:45 AM

@flaming_vixen

I think this is an interesting suggestion. Back then, I used to have a lot of creatures in my cove and had difficulties feeding all of them. Due to this burden, I got burnt out and went for a hiatus for several years to find that 336 creatures of mine had perished. RIP ☚ī¸. I can see this suggestion to be useful for those with a large cove, especially since Tim's Food Shoppe can be costly. However, wouldn't that make the Leaf of Vaka obsolete?

Now that I think about it, isn't it possible to transfer those creatures to someone who possess the Leaf of Vaka and cycle it out? It would be equivalent to that of Tim's Food Shoppe except that you wouldn't need to pay an single ec. 😊 Of course, that is assuming the person with the Leaf of Vaka is trustworthy and not a scammer. Give your critters to me, I can totally be trusted! (This is a joke, please don't attempt this 😋 )

Anyways, I do support this idea. If the programmers do implant this idea however, I think that the functionality of the LoV should be changed as well.

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 31 July 2022 at 4:58 PM

@flamingvixen
This is really interesting! It's not an economy-breaking change, and it's pretty useful for people who don't have time to spare clicking through hundreds of pages of critters.

The problem is, as @raretreasurehunter56 said, the LoV! Honestly, I think if this is actually implemented, the LoV would be rendered obsolete except for quitting/already quit users who use this to immortalize their lairs forever! I feel as though the LoV would have to be removed from the CSP at that point, which is probably part of the reason this hasn't been implemented yet, even though a couple people have already suggested it.

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 31 July 2022 at 5:29 PM

When I read the OP I interpreted it as a 'feed all' button for your *own* creatures, and not anyone elses. Ie, I couldn't go to twilightshine's cove and 'feed all' with the push of a button. If that's how the suggestion was meant, I don't think it would make the LoV obsolete at all: We can only feed our own creatures once a day, after all, and while that may be enough that they don't *die* it's not enough to keep their happiness very high. And if their happiness remains low enough and then you don't log on for a day or two, there is the chance of something dying (please correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding is that any creature with less than a certain percentage of happiness has a chance of dying each day). (I know this assumes no one else is feeding your creatures, but there are definitely days when my sides get no feeds other than my own!)

Also I have to think not everyone gets a leaf *just* so their creatures don't die, because personally I feel bad if my cove's happiness drops below 90% and the reason I now have a leaf on my 3rd side is because it's the one that gets fed the least. They most likely wouldn't be in danger of dying, but being able to keep them happy rather than 'just barely alive' is enough of a reason for me to get a leaf.

I do think if a 'feed all' button was introduced it might be helpful to lower the price of the LoV as an incentive to buy, but I doubt it would really make it obsolete.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 1 August 2022 at 4:44 AM

I think a 'feed all' button really takes away from the spirit of EggCave. It's not meant to be an easy one-click-wins-all concept. You're supposed to value your creatures as if they were pets - hence why putting them up for adoption is such a guilt-infused performance. To 'feed all' removes all that.

I agree that the practice is time consuming and it probably isn't for everybody, but that's what we get into when we sign up. To introduce a 'feed all' would reduce the site to something we don't really want to see.

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 2 August 2022 at 12:00 AM

@kataclysm
I'm not sure an easier way to keep pets alive is comparable to any 'easy one-click-wins-all', we aren't 'winning' anything at all. We wouldn't get EC for the feeds if it was done through the feed-all button, which I think is a big enough drawback to balance the benefit of an easier way to give your creatures a *slight* boost in happiness (because again, one person feeding their own creatures once a day really doesn't do a ton to keep happiness up, just up enough that maybe they won't die). And I really don't think feeding all your 'pets' at the same time has anything to do with how much or how little you value them, they are getting the same amount of 'attention' (ie happiness) regardless.

41 posts

flaming_vixen • 7 August 2022 at 10:40 AM

@heatherm19 @kataclysm @twilightshine @raretreasurehunter56 @jirachiwishmaker
These are all interesting and understandable opinions! Thanks for your input!