A few side account questions

in Help & Questions

Male
58 posts

snowlico • 25 August 2022 at 5:33 PM

I was thinking I may need to create a side account sometime soon for extra pet storage but have a few questions so I don't break any rules.

1. With posting in the forums is it ok to respond in one of my own topics with a side account to help bump it up or respond to another users post with a ping as long as it still adds to the conversation? For example I'm currently searching for dinosaurs/dragons in a trade topic and my post is still the last post. If I get some more pets off my list and update my list could I then post with my side to let everyone know the list has been updated?

2. I understand that you can't bid on your own auctions with a side account to help bump the price up. But is it ok to bid with a side account on someone else's auction to have a better chance at winning? For example sometimes there are people waiting for the last moment to place a higher bid to hopefully snipe a win. (I know that is fair and try to do it myself too sometimes.) I know it's not possible with an account to place 2 bids in a row. But one time I saw another user had the highest bid and I was waiting until the last possible moment to outbid them and found out another user did the same thing (with a higher amount than I was trying with anyways) and it was the user that already had the highest bid just they made the new higher bid with a side account. So really if they didn't use their side account I may have been able to win the auction but them using their side account gave them the advantage of bidding twice in a row.

3. From what I understand you can't do daily activities like the games from side accounts but it is ok to click adopts from a side account. So does that mean using a side account you could click all your own adopts twice in a day? (Once with your main and once with your side?)

4. From what I understand you can sell things in a shop on a side account. I want to be sure this is true. Sounds like I can then essentially have twice the items on sale at once. Would it be ok to have links to my side account shop on my main account profile page?

5. I'm assuming I can also have stuff set up in trades on a side account and put in the descriptions to message my main account if offering on any. Just want to be sure this is ok too.

6. For any pets I transfer to my side account is it ok to still post links to them from my main account?

7. Do you have to declare a main and side account using the phone number things? Or is it ok to have a side account without doing that as long as you don't break any side account rules?

I think that's all the questions I have for now. I know it's quite a bit but I want to be sure I know enough before making a side account.

Female
2,103 posts

cranberrycat1 • 25 August 2022 at 6:27 PM

@snowlico

1. Ya it is fine to post with sides

2. It is fine to bid with I side I had seen people do it many times

3. Yes you can click creatures from your side even your own

4. It is fine to sell and have links to your side account shop

5. Ya it’s fine to set up trades from your side and ask them to ping your main

6. Ya it is fine to post links from your main that are pets on your side

7. You have to confirm with the phone number thing if you want a side

Pinging @orderedchaos since she is a mod and would be able to double check me I don’t want to give false information

Male
58 posts

snowlico • 25 August 2022 at 6:30 PM

@cranberrycat1 Thanks. And good to have a mod double check. Will help assure me more. Thank you very much. 😊

Female
2,103 posts

cranberrycat1 • 25 August 2022 at 6:31 PM

@snowlico edited my post just tried to bid twice on an auction doesn’t work

Male
58 posts

snowlico • 25 August 2022 at 6:36 PM

@cranberrycat1 That's why bidding with a side account can give an advantage of being able to bid again when normally you wouldn't.

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 25 August 2022 at 6:48 PM

@snowlico
1: So long as you are adding to the conversation/not posting spam, you can 'double post' with a side. Posting just "bump" or something similar is spam. Please do not do that.
2: *sigh* That sure is a scummy thing to do but there is no specific rule against doing that. Perhaps that needs to get looked into
3. You are free to feed/click your own or other people's creatures with side accounts.
4. Yes, you can have items in a shop on your side, yes you can link to it on your main.
5. Yes, you put up trades on a side and tell people to contact your main with offers.
6. Yes, that is perfectly ok.
7. You do not have to set up a side with verification. However, if you do break the rules with that side account you will receive harsher punishments as it will appear that you are trying to hide what you are doing by not linking your accounts.

Male
58 posts

snowlico • 25 August 2022 at 6:54 PM

@Orderedchaos Thank you very much for the answers. 😊

I definitely think the auction thing should be looked into. I think the best solution would be just to change it to allow double bidding. (Even with main accounts.) Or if some users don't want to risk accidentally double bidding and like it how it is then have an option that people can turn it on and off.