Creature Gone from Cove

in Help & Questions

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 7 October 2022 at 3:40 AM

I just caught my 2nd Kisagi
I'm minutes from going back to bed or I'd try to figure out what may have happened.
I'm looking for the first I caught, but it (a male) is just *gone*.
I know I didn't trade it away or auction it, I'm pretty sure I didn't transfer it.
I don't have a number / ID for it so I'm not sure if sending a ticket will help. Time is always just a blur to me, so I'm not even sure what day it was caught. (I know it wasn't the 1st or 6th of October.)
But I know I caught ONE. I was so happy, as I was going to gift it to a certain other player if he didn't catch one.
Edit: and it's not dead/in the Graveyard/needing resurrecting.

Goodnight. Now time to go try to beat this flu. Happy Seed hunting!

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 12 October 2022 at 10:53 AM

are you sure it actually got adopted? did you check it in your cove right after adopting it?
maybe you gave it a name that was already in use ,so it didnt really get adopted and went back to the cave?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 October 2022 at 11:21 AM

@murfijs
I kept having doubts after not finding it, but I wouldn't have been able to edit its profile without actually adopting it. but that was one of my foremost thoughts for sure! (That I hadn't completed the process.)
Ian looked extensively through the records, and there's absolutely no trace it ever existed. (None were traded, transferred, or died.) Without me having the url to it, there's no way now to track what happened to it : /

I'm chalking it up as one of the great mysteries of the internet.
(and though i'd like to monitor the situation... I'm not going to record the ID of *every* creature I catch. est ~ 2000 creatures and this is the first time it's happened (that I'm aware of. For months now I've caught things with a sequential code name, and all those are in place.) )

Sorry I didn't update the post.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 12 October 2022 at 12:11 PM

@snowywinter
wow,that does sound very weird. i guess it indeed was some mysterious glitch.
im sad you didnt get the creature back tho :c if i find an extra male kisagi ill give it you C:

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 October 2022 at 12:17 PM

@murfijs Awww ❤️ Thank you for the offer, but I've caught enough Kisigi since then. (I'm just sad my first one went missing. - Darn trickster spirits. lol. 'Tis the season.)