Totally new player 🎉

in Welcomes & Introductions

Female
45 posts

brandi • 15 October 2022 at 9:53 PM

Hello all!

I stumbled across the site earlier today while playing Xanje and really loved some of the art, so I decided to play here as well. I'm an adult player of all types of pet/breeding/avatar/collecting/clicking sites - and have been for jeeze, decades 😂

I love to collect, nay hoard /everything/ that I find pretty, cute or interesting for a multitude of reasons. Having a complete collection of any one thing is never usually my goal, but rather lots of anything I do like.

I love to chat, but struggle with starting conversations - so feel free to reach out at any time. I intend on spending some time reading and learning the site before I jump in. However, I look forward to interacting with everyone in the near future.

If anyone has any favorite newbie resources or anything like that I'd love a nudge in that direction.

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 15 October 2022 at 10:08 PM

Welcome hahah

Female
45 posts

brandi • 15 October 2022 at 10:12 PM

🤣 thanks!

Female
760 posts

okami • 15 October 2022 at 10:31 PM

@brandi

Welcome! Name's Blue, it's nice to meet you! 😊 I'd definitely recommend reading the player guides underneath the "Social" tab if you haven't already.

Some helpful communication tips: on forums if you want to ping someone you're replying to (meaning they'll get a notification), you can either press the reply button under their post (then click the blue reply now at the bottom of the screen) or type "@" followed by their username. If someone posts on your wall, you reply back to them by posting on their wall (they will not get notified if you reply to them on your own wall). Then the last form of communication is mail (private convos), which you can start by going to the options under a users profile picture and selecting "send mail."

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 15 October 2022 at 10:33 PM

@brandi
Welcome to eggcave!
We have a player guide here!
There's also a thread for creature values here 😊
You're just in time for my favorite event on this site - the halloween fair! ^^
You can go around feeding everyone's coves, play the mini games and obtain seeds to avail rare pets and backgrounds 😊
Ping (@twinkle) or message me if you have any questions!
I've been a member here for 13 years, though I just got back from a long hiatus 😊
Sent you some welcoming gifts! Enjoy! ❤️

Female
45 posts

brandi • 15 October 2022 at 10:35 PM

Thanks so much for the tips, I hadn't even noticed the profile comments feature. Currently reading about the Halloween event but will check out the players guides next - glad to hear those are a thing here!

@twinkle ahh thats a long time on any site, ty and welcome back to you as well 😁 pet valuations is super useful, saving that for sure 🙌 the gifts are super kind - many thanks!

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 15 October 2022 at 10:55 PM

@brandi you're welcome! ^^
Here is a good thread with regards to how some top players go around the fair 😊
I also made a manual tool for the Travels of Terror mini-game:
https://twinko.weebly.com/eggcave-travels.html

Female
45 posts

brandi • 15 October 2022 at 10:58 PM

@twinkle yesss, thank you for that! So hard to guess names with no clue of anything 😂

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 15 October 2022 at 11:08 PM

@brandi
I have a retired creature up for adoption ^^
Sent you a transfer request 😊

Female
45 posts

brandi • 15 October 2022 at 11:13 PM

@twinkle oh thats awesome, I've been clicking around but I don't think I'm able to accept a transfer yet? It seems there's a 48 hour wait for trades and I'm thinking transfers are included there?..unless I'm missing it somewhere else 🤔

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 15 October 2022 at 11:15 PM

@brandi

Welcome to eggcave hope you enjoy it here! Sending you some gifts.

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 15 October 2022 at 11:16 PM

@brandi oh yeah I forgot about that 🤣
I'll leave the transfer open until you are able accept it ^^

Female
45 posts

brandi • 15 October 2022 at 11:33 PM

@jirachiwishmaker tysm, really kind of you! Having such a blast so far, glad to have stumbled in 😁

@twinkle lol ty again 😅 it took me longer to figure out than I care to admit lol

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 16 October 2022 at 12:20 AM

@brandi hey there & welcome to egg cave 😊 i'm also an adult who has been playing various petsites on and off for the better part of 15 years so i feel you there lol 😃 i'm naturally a person who loves collecting various things in general so i guess it's just in my nature to be attracted to these sites x) although these days egg cave is really the only one i play, i love it here too much ❤️

i see you've already gotten some good advice, but let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything at any point! the site can be a bit overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it its really chill! also feel free to hit me up for a chat in PMs/on my wall, i'm always down to make friends! 😊

Female
45 posts

brandi • 16 October 2022 at 12:35 AM

@pwuffy tysm~ yay! I love finding other adults in the petsite wild xD
I'm pretty impressed with how nice the site is - so nostaligic and yet obviously a bit more modern and still regularly updated? o.o I feel a slight habit forming lol!

I'm sure I'm gonna have questions eventually, if you don't mind I'll send you a friend request so I remember to regularly click/feed for you ❤️

-edit
Notice you have friends off, I will try my best to remember lol 😸

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 16 October 2022 at 12:50 PM

@brandi yeah the egg cave team is great about releasing new content and updates regularly! i think it's one of the best parts about the site, despite it being over a decade old now the team still cares about the site very much 😊

WHOOPS i had no idea i even had them off x( i turned them back on now so thank you for letting me know LOL & i sent you a friend request 😊

Female
2,923 posts

heatherm19 • 16 October 2022 at 6:26 PM

@brandi Semi-late welcome! 😊 Hope you enjoy it here, it's so much fun!
I'm another adult player, played a different adoptables site for 13-ish years before discovering Eggcave. It really is awesome here, the staff are great about responding to bugs/issues/concerns and actually listen to user's suggestions. I've also found the community here to be very helpful and friendly.

I see plenty of people have already given you lots of good tips (helpful community!), the only thing I'll add is that some users don't want their creatures fed so when you go to feed random coves check their profile to make sure they don't have any 'no feeding' notices. A lot, though not all, of the users who allow feeding will have 'feed friendly' in their profile. (All my accounts are completely feed friendly)

Also, once you get familiar with the game and start figuring out which creatures you like, you may find side accounts helpful. Around here each user is allowed up to 3 side accounts, people use sides for various things like keeping their up for trade ('uft') creatures separate or stashing their 'hoards' of certain creatures. The Player Guide has good info about side accounts, there is also the general 'guidelines' page here: https://eggcave.com/guidelines

Female
45 posts

brandi • 18 October 2022 at 10:26 PM

@heatherm19 Ah so sorry for the late response, didn't feel so great for a few days.

Thank you so much! 😸

Thanks for mentioning the feed friendly distinction - I see it a bit more now that I've been here a few days and it definitely wasn't abundantly clear. D: I hadn't seen the need for a side account out first but also, with being here a bit I see the hoarder in me is gonna need to go that route eventually. tysm again for the info - truly was helpful 😊