CDWC?

in Help & Questions

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 17 October 2022 at 7:27 PM

As someone who's really really really (really really) bad at concept art, the only way for me to get any sort of special mark for my creature is the CDWC.

I've joined for about three months now, and I haven't seen a single one pop up, except for one in June, the Dogfish.

So, are the CDWCs usually only in one month of the year? Do they randomly pop up? Will there be a blog post about it? I am completely in the dark!

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 17 October 2022 at 8:01 PM

@twilightshine while I am not eggcave staff or anything, I do recall them announcing when a creature is in the CDWC, and it is normally random I believe. They are not really limited to x amount a year either I think.

Female
760 posts

okami • 17 October 2022 at 8:39 PM

@twilightshine

I wouldn't let artistic ability stop you from making creature suggestions if you have good concepts! I am laughably terrible at any sort of art (I could seriously be outdone by a second grader), but I recently posted a couple creature suggestions with my bad sketches because I liked the descriptions I came up with. Its called concept art for a reason, nobody is requiring gorgeous works of art in a suggestion 😉

Female
2,936 posts

heatherm19 • 17 October 2022 at 8:54 PM

@twilightshine Looking on the CDWC page (https://eggcave.com/cdwc) will show what the most recent cdwc creatures were. There are currently 4 (closed) creatures showing, a quick search in the blog shows that the 4 most recent cdwc creatures were the Augga (blog post announcing the contest on March 9th) Galith (blog post March 29th), the Mechamotte (blog post April 27th), and Dogfish (blog post May 26th).

So there hasn't been one in a handful of months, but it does seem to be random and not restricted to any limits or such.