New items should have better/more frequent circulation

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Does it matter to you when a new item isn't available for purchase?

Female
2,893 posts

heatherm19 • 2 November 2022 at 2:51 AM

Here's the deal. We get a blog post about new items, whether they be ice creams or books or toys or whatever. We (well, I'm sure I'm not the only one) get excited about the awesome new items. And then they just literally don't even stock at all for days after the supposed release.

The Items Database is proof of that, instead of just thinking we've been unlucky hunting in the shops we can now *see* the newly released items in the Database as well as see which ones haven't actually been bought by anyone yet (since it says that 0-circulation items won't show, until the first user gets one).

This time I'm specifically referring to the orange variant of the new Phantowl Plushies, they were released a full 2 days ago but the orange one (the one I want most...) apparently hasn't even appeared in the shop at all yet. But that's not an isolated incident, this happens a lot with new items and I've seen others mention it in the blog posts.

I don't know exactly how shop stock is circulated, if it's random or whatever, but maybe brand-new items could be given a little boost for the first week or two, just so they actually *do* show up and are available to be bought? There is a huge difference between 'hard to find because they are new and get grabbed quick' and 'literally haven't even appeared yet'.

Male
295 posts

dragiigy • 3 November 2022 at 4:08 AM

100% agree with @heatherm19

I would also increase the size of shops 😉