Toybox Quests

in Help & Questions

Female
58 posts

nocutenameforme • 30 November 2022 at 9:45 PM

Are some quests just more difficult than others? I would say that I can complete about 2% of Toybox quests. I either can't find the item, (none are retired so far, for me) or they are like 9 million EC in shops, not meant to be purchased, as specified by the shop owner.
Just wondering if some quests are purposefully more difficult. 😋

Female
760 posts

okami • 1 December 2022 at 12:43 AM

@nocutenameforme

As far as I know the items that are asked for are completely random. My recommendation is to stock up on items prior to questing. I'll usually dedicate a few hundred K to buying items from NPC shops that aren't already in my strongroom- that way I'll usually have at least 1 of the requested items on hand.

Female
2,911 posts

heatherm19 • 1 December 2022 at 1:23 AM

@nocutenameforme

For me the hardest is Speed Reading, the books asked for are *never* in the NPC-shop when I'm looking. I think a lot of it depends on how you play, though. If you have a lot of certain types of items in your strongroom, it might be easier for you to do that corresponding quest. Stocking up *before* questing is often helpful simply because you'll be more likely to actually already have what's been asked. (That said, I have 3,308 unique items in my strongroom and still have to cancel quests at times, so...)

Female
58 posts

nocutenameforme • 1 December 2022 at 1:40 AM

Seems like I just need to stock up more. I know there will be quests that I have to cancel, but so far I haven't had to cancel any, but Toybox, and perhaps one Going Global. Was just wondering if it was really just random, or if there are some set up to be more tough.
Thank you so much for the input! ❤️