Don't click my pets.

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Which do you prefer?

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 5 December 2022 at 10:42 AM

I have a suggestion. I suggest instead of having to hide our profiles on unknown accounts so that users do not click, visit, or level up the creatures we don't want to be interacted with; we get to choose which creatures can be interacted with, much like the Click Exchange, but on a larger scale.

I think it would benefit many people to be able to show all the creatures that we want to, but to be in control of which ones can be interacted with.

Hiding creatures isn't feasible, putting only certain creatures in the Click Exchange or a prominent Feed Tab doesn't stop users from clicking and leveling as they please.

I realize I can freeze creatures, but in the interest of those who do not have a lot of money, I suggest bulk freeze. Perhaps this can work for users with more than 100 creatures they want to freeze.

My idea can go two ways:

•Bulk freezing for CC
•Complete Control over which creatures can be interacted with.

If we are given complete control over our creatures, then a user can choose which creatures are shown and clickable, and which are visible but not clickable. This could also be a purchasable upgrade to the website.

I am not going to disparage paying money, I know it is important to keep the site running, so this is my compromise.

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 5 December 2022 at 11:51 AM

I'm curious how much a 'bulk freeze' option would actually be used, if it kept the current 200CC per freeze cost... Do many users have 100+ 'to freeze' creatures *and* have 20,000CC to spend at once? (I've spent a lot of money on this site, too much, but even I've never had that much CC available at once...)

Personally I don't have a stake in this either way, I decided from the start that I would be completely feed-friendly and if I want to freeze I need to plan for the CC and watch stats closely without making things complicated with 'do no feed' lists. I think the 'complete control' option would be more helpful for more people, because of the above CC concerns.

I think something like this would be a huge change though, and would have to include a 'help' section (in the Player Guide or elsewhere) so there aren't tons of users confused why there are suddenly creatures that are literally unclickable. Though there would probably still be plenty of confusion in the beginning. I wonder though, if we want 'complete control', shouldn't that include the ability to hide some creatures completely? 'Shown and clickable' vs 'visible but not clickable' doesn't take into consideration the creatures that evolve from views.

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 5 December 2022 at 3:03 PM

@poserpanda Sadly, I believe it is part of the site's income. In order to keep running they do need funds, and that is just the truth of it all. It would be wonderful to be able to 'hide' creatures but it is not a likely outcome. The amount of rigorous coding this would need to be categorized to the things that @heatherm19 said, like if you could view them and not click, feed but not click-it would be simply too much i fear.

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 5 December 2022 at 9:59 PM

Ah, alright. I was hoping the creatures would become static images, and for viewing stats the creatures would otherwise remain unchanged in their code.
But it is good to get feedback like this.

I am unsure how much a bulk freeze would cost, but a limit would have to be made, either in how many is considered bulk without getting into the thousands of CC, or a cap on the price.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 14 December 2022 at 6:05 AM

I think an option to consider could be an 'Unfriendly Cove' button. Don't mistake the term for a negative relationship - it's just part of EggCave's glossary. A feed friendly cove versus... Anyway.

An unfriendly cove button would, theoretically, make feeding on that account impossible. Creatures could still be clicked and viewed, like a gallery, but their stats wouldn't change. The 'feed creature' button would be grayed out permanently.

Suuure, there's an argument for 'But I'd only want one or two pets to not be fed', but that's what freezing is for. If you want to keep everything in stasis, a side account with complete inaccessibility could be a good way forward.