Option to accept/reject incoming item; item is returned if nothing is selected by recipient within a week

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 17 December 2022 at 11:32 AM

After sending an item to someone, they will receive an option to accept, reject, accept all, or reject all. If the user doesn't select any option within x amount of time (maybe a week), it is returned to the sender.

This would be helpful if you accidentally send something to someone, either the wrong item or the wrong user. It would also be helpful if you send something to someone who just so happens to have had their last day here, unknowingly, and never come back or at least not for a few years lol.

This is a feature on another pet site and I've been very thankful for it many times when the recipient suddenly disappears. 😅

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 17 December 2022 at 12:36 PM

@daisycat
Yesss! 👏 my friend accidentally sent CC to a play who has quit xD that would be helpful if you misclicked

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 17 December 2022 at 1:01 PM

While this would be helpful in some situations, I think it could also be frustrating. Would the item stay in your Inventory until accepted, the way transferring creatures works? That could mean a lot of Inventory spaces taken up by items you don't actually want, while you wait for the person to accept. Although you say if it isn't accepted it's 'returned to the sender', so where exactly is the item? If it hasn't been accepted yet it's not in the other person's inventory...

I'm also not sure how this would be helpful if you accidentally send something, the suggestion doesn't mention being able to *cancel* a sent-item. The user can accept whether you meant to send it or not, right? The only situation where this would be helpful in fixing mistakes is sending to an inactive user, where the item would go back to sender if not accepted.

This could be helpful on the receiver's side though, so people aren't randomly receiving items they don't actually want (especially if their Inventory is close to full and they are waiting on an item-trade/auction or something).

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 17 December 2022 at 1:50 PM

@wonder404exe
Yes! You get it. XD

@heatherm19
When you send an item, it would no longer be in your inventory. It's just waiting to be accept or rejected by the recipient. If they reject it or don't select anything within the time limit, it's returned to the sender from its pending status. If your inventory were to be at 50, I feel something should be changed about that and you should still be able to get the item back. On Neopets, my inventory currently says "Total Items: 78 / 50". The recommended amount is 50 or less (items can actually be stolen or destroyed by NPCs, not sure if that happens here), but you're able to have more in there. However, you can't receive or buy shop items if it's 50+. But if you send an item and get it back, and you're at 50 already, it would be 51/50 and that works. And if you move items from your shop or safety deposit box to your inventory, that works too.

Correct, there's no way to cancel it, but if the user doesn't accept it because they know it wasn't for them or were told, they can either respond and reject it, or if they forget about it or don't respond, it will still get sent back.

Agreed on receiving items you don't want, it'd work well for that too.

The main point for me is getting items back that were sent to someone inactive heh.