Issue with the Click Exchange.

in Problems & Bugs

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 2 January 2023 at 3:34 AM

I'll try to explain this as clear as I can.

So apparently I've been blocked by someone. No skin off my nose. As best I can work out I feed a couple of their pets, and on their wall (not the status at the top, nor the profile in the middle, but about 3 messages down in their wall), they state nothing is to be feed. So once again, someone is angry at me because I should have known not to feed a creature they have listed to be feed. Well, something more like they 6 to 10 creatures in the wrong spot.

Now, I came to know this as I was feeding through the Exchange, and instead of the creature profile I got a message about how "This player has blocked you". (When it comes up again I'll copy and post it)

Should the creature be showing to me? I would have thought that the creature just wouldn't appear at all. Not sure if I'm getting the credit or not as I open lots of profiles at once.

Edit - The message reads:
Blocked

You have been blocked by this user and cannot view this creature.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 January 2023 at 10:59 PM

I mean, the way it is players shouldn't be getting ticked off at others for their own mess-ups.
But, that being said there *should* be something in place to prevent this situation.
Maybe a daily notice of " # of your creatures have been clicked in the Click Exchange today." (I don't know if there is a notice or not, but if there isn't, I think there should be one. A nice simple reminder.)

I don't know how hard it would be to implement coding-wise, but this definitely seems like one of the things though should just be a given when it comes to blocking players. One shouldn't be able to C/V/F blocked player's creatures - period. It seems like an odd quirk or loophole if it can be done through the CE. - Yet another shortcoming of how soft blocks are around this site -_-

Ian definitely needs to look into this. This isn't the first I'm hearing of this type of situation arising.

(Are pets still in the Click Exchange after they're sold? I'm wondering if someone bought one/some that was in there without their knowledge.)

Female
760 posts

okami • 2 January 2023 at 11:13 PM

@minnie298a @snowywinter

I don't think it's a glitch. I was blocked by a certain user when I went on my 7 year hiatus- they watched a lot of my creatures die, took many names for themselves, then blocked me- all while I was gone lol. I still see this users blog comments, and they do have several creatures in the exchange. I always get that same message, although I've never paid attention to if I get click credit for it or not.

Edit: I just went through some creatures till I got to one of theirs in the click exchange. I still got click credit for it despite the blocked page showing up instead xD

On a separate note, it does bug me when users block other users for feeding creatures that are in the exchange. :/

Also, creatures are removed from the click exchange when they go to a different account.

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 2 January 2023 at 11:50 PM

@snowywinter @bluewolf
In seeing who it was I noticed myself and another player had mentioned their creatures in the XC a little while ago (I think it was in Oct while seed hunting). They had posted on both our walls about getting notifications that didn't match their feed list at the time, and we both stated we'd primarily been XC feeding.

But as far as I'm aware, I don't see the creatures of others who have blocked me. It was only a week or two ago I started noticing it. But for the end of Dec I was only doing a couple of 100 feed a day through the XC (wanted to start the new year on a certain number). I also don't feed the designated "Click only" pets. I can open and close them to clear them in a matter of minutes before I start feeding.

I know you do get a normal feed message through the XC. I used to only keep 9 creatures there in the beginning to avoid it and determine who was feeding through my cove, but am not so concerned about it now.