Gender switch at Cave?

in Problems & Bugs

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 January 2023 at 3:16 AM

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. and I plan on paying closer attention, but I haven't caught many commons in a while, until this past week.

Upon initially seeing the creature I swore it was one gender, left it to see what else I could catch (when having multiple attempts left), and when I opened it back up it had changed.
Is this possible? Is it random?
(Happened a few days ago - on which creature I can't remember, but happened again just now as I decided to catch a pair of Kangchromas.)

Possible bug? I'm not sure.

Update:
18th January. Caught a few more Cave Commons, but I kept forgetting to test out the grabbing the egg later thing.

29th January. Still haven't tested it out... but I think you can forgive me for not catching commons in the 2nd half of this month/forgetting to attempt it ; )

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 2 February 2023 at 5:13 PM

@snowywinter

I'm curious as I havent checked yet myself, have you noticed this still happening?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 February 2023 at 10:14 PM

@jazzyleia I really haven't been checking too often (still keeping it in mind) with all the hecticness of CRW and LEs lately. I had thought on it more and it only seemed to be happening with the older cave commons. The last time I remembered to play with/test it (finally realizing I didn't have to complete the catch for it to work) was on one of the newer ones. (and that one didn't have the bug/glitch.)

If it was species specific, I unfortunately can no longer remember which two it happened with. : /

And it was in a span of two or three days apart... so maybe the algorithm just had a slight hiccup? (Or it's rare and random like getting the Valentine's Chocolates randomly throughout the year? *shrug emoji*
(I was just hoping the subject could be left open in case I run into it again or if someone else does.)

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 4 February 2023 at 7:58 AM

No problem! I’ll keep the topic open and just update me if you notice it happening again!