Hello everyone!

in Welcomes & Introductions

Non-binary
8 posts

anomalous • 19 January 2023 at 5:38 PM

Hi, I'm new to this site, but not to virtual pet sites (far from it actually haha). I came across this site while looking for another old virtual pet site with similar mechanics (unless my memory is failing me and this is the same one only with a major rehaul in design)... >_>

I don't usually play virtual pet sites where death is a factor cause I'm rather softhearted, but the art style is really lovely and I'd like to give it a try!

But I digress. My name is Alli or Tabs, I'm 24, and go by they/them. I'm a digital artist and enjoy developing and drawing my original/fan characters. Virtual pet sites are a longtime hobby of mine, and I've been on many of the popular ones and some of the more obscure ones.
I'm actually quite happy to see an active looking forum given Discord has made so many become abandoned.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 January 2023 at 5:52 PM

@anomalous
Hello, Alli and Welcome to Egg Cave!
Lovely username, btw ^^
I also joined other pet sites but EC is the closest to my heart :')
Do you already have pets you'd like to collect here?

Stuff you might want to check out:
⭐ We have a player guide here.
⭐ There's also a thread for creature values here.

Ping me here (@twinkle) or DM if you have any questions!
Sent you some welcoming gifts, Enjoy! ❤️

Non-binary
8 posts

anomalous • 19 January 2023 at 6:04 PM

@twinkle
Thank you!!

I really like the Deena and Distorticai, with the former cause it reminds me of the Reuniclus line from Pokemon and the latter because I love aliens!

I really appreciate the links :>

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 19 January 2023 at 6:09 PM

@anomalous
You're welcome!
It should be fairly easy to get those pets as they have not retired yet 😊
The Deena costs 10 mil EC at the SARC and it might take some time to get that much EC but the distorticai is pretty common at the auctions so you can get them for a lower price. I was able to get one for 100k EC 😊

Female
2,942 posts

heatherm19 • 19 January 2023 at 6:48 PM

@anomalous Welcome to Eggcave! I hope you have fun here. 😊

Although creatures can die here, if you are at least semi-active it's fairly easy to keep them alive and happy. Feeding other people's creatures is the best way to keep your own happy because most people will feed back (just make sure their cove is 'feed friendly' first). If creatures get too low on happiness you can put them in Tim's Food Shoppe for 75ec per day per creature, and Tim will keep them at 100% happiness as long as they are in there. There is also the Leaf of Vaka, which keeps all your creatures at 100% always and they have no risk of dying, but that costs real money from the Cash Shop unless you are lucky enough to find someone selling/trading one.

(Tabs... Are you on DragonCave, and active on the forums? I've never seen another 'Tabs' before, so just wondering.)

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 19 January 2023 at 6:51 PM

@anomalous
Hi Alli, welcome! I'm Daisy. 😊 I hope you're enjoying Egg Cave so far. I fed your pets! 😸
This community is quite welcoming and active; if you're wondering about anything, most anyone can happily help. :-}

Non-binary
8 posts

anomalous • 19 January 2023 at 7:08 PM

@heatherm19
Thank you! I may occasionally struggle with keeping them fed due to irl stuff, but if it's not too difficult like you said then I'm sure it won't be an issue! Also, I am not on DragonCave! Tabs is short for Tabitha, but that is curious. :0

@daisycat
Hi, & thank you! I fed your babies back 😊

87 posts

charchill • 19 January 2023 at 9:29 PM

Hallo, @anomalous!
Maybe you were looking for Chicken Smoothie? Lots of people here play it...
Adding on to what daisycat said, lots of people keep a eye on the help and questions forum, you might be able to wait only 4 minutes without getting a reply. Pretty hard though.

Non-binary
8 posts

anomalous • 19 January 2023 at 10:10 PM

@charchill
Hello! I was on Chicken Smoothie at one point (registered back in November 2009, oof) but it turned out to be Squiby after talking with a friend who remembered better. That site isn't around anymore, but I'll always remember their adopts being in Chicken Smoothie profile signatures and the early 2000's style alot of the adopts had.