I thought this account was long gone....

in Welcomes & Introductions

Female
18 posts

octopichula • 23 January 2023 at 1:51 AM

I made this account almost 10 years ago and after a month or so, left the site. I thought this account had vanished all those years ago! I found my old information and checked it out earlier today. Outside of updating account details, everything seems to be fine! Well, anyway, I'm back!

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 23 January 2023 at 2:01 AM

@octopichula
Hello and welcome back to Egg Cave! ❤️
There has been so many changes since a decade ago.
I had also just returned from almost a decade-long hiatus ^^

Stuff you might want to check out:
⭐ We have a player guide here.
⭐ There's also a thread for creature values here.

Ping me here (@twinkle) or DM if you have any questions!
It's awesome that you made it in time for the Creature Release Week 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 2:22 AM

@octopichula

Welcome Back! Always a great feeling when old accounts still pop up like you never left! : D
(me every time I log-in to Neopets after, 5, 7 years have passed, holding my breath, and then everything is just there. all good. I wish most sites were like that. email certainly isn't >.< )

What's your favorite creature from all those years ago?
I'm sure there wasn't as many back then. We just passed the 1000th species milestone this past month!

Female
18 posts

octopichula • 23 January 2023 at 2:24 AM

I honestly don't know what my favourite creature is. When I left, all I had at the time were eggs. My memory is very hazy about what sorts of eggs I had. 😊

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 23 January 2023 at 2:32 AM

@octopichula
Oooooo you're alt1981black?
I just saw your post on chickensmoothie lolol
It's nice to see you come back from that post I made ❤️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 2:33 AM

assuming that they died and you didn't just adopt them out before leaving, you should see some of them at the attached link.
(I've been here almost two years and I'm still learning some nuanced things. Like it was only in the past month or so someone started a thread that pointed out *REALLY* old creatures with low stats couldn't be resurrected. And here I thought that stone worked on everything since I've seen some really old species on peoples UpForAdoption Resurrectables lists.)

If you're curious. (If you don't want it tugging at the nostalgic heartstrings though I don't recommend looking at it.)
Graveyard at the Resurrection Stone

Female
18 posts

octopichula • 23 January 2023 at 2:34 AM

Yep, the very same! Chicken Smoothie is really interesting, that's all I can say. 😊

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 23 January 2023 at 2:48 AM

@octopichula
CS is interesting but Egg Cave has its own spark too ❤️

Female
18 posts

octopichula • 23 January 2023 at 2:52 AM

@snowywinter, THANK YOU!!! I've been able to resurrect quite a few of my old creatures. There's others yet to be revived, but there's no hurry to bring them back at the moment. As long as I can bring them back eventually, that's all I'm concerned about. 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 3:01 AM

You're welcome ^^ Lots of people (even long-time players) can forget that's there. It's not like it's in any obvious spot (Like in with the rest of the stuff we can do with/to our Coves.)
At a quick look I had only seen Cave Commons (forgetting that some of those have been retired in the past year.) I'm glad you were able to revive some ^^.
And yes, it helps a LOT knowing that 'eventually' is an option. Forever gone is just too sad.

Female
18 posts

octopichula • 23 January 2023 at 4:38 AM

All of my creatures were from 2013 so the good news is that none of them will be lost for ever. 😊

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 2 February 2023 at 2:29 AM

Welcome (back?) Not sure how involved you got in the world during your month here before but anyways welcome to Eggcave. Hope you make some friends, snag some cute critters and have a good time ❤️

Female
48 posts

judith_666 • 9 February 2023 at 12:23 PM

Welcome back, I have been on the site since 2009 but remained inactive for a few years.