Good Omens / Rise of the Guardians plot question

in Entertainment

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 10 February 2023 at 12:40 AM

Not sure how many here will have read the books and watched the shows, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

If I read Good Omens it was within a couple years of it being released. From what I remember of Guardians of Childhood it was much different that the Dreamworks adaptation.

And trying not to give spoilers for those who've yet to see either of the film adaptations, but to those who have:
There's a plot point involving children and imagination.
Was that in the Good Omens book, or did Amazon Studios essentially rip off of Dreamworks?

(I'm kind of curious which came first.
Don't get me wrong, both adaptations are quite entertaining in their own right, and I loved both. Just that moment had me tilting my head and going, 'Huh.')

- - - -
For the record... I was really surprised at how "family friendly" Good Omens (Prime) is. All the reviews and trailers I had seen made it seem so much more... grown up. But it's quite reminiscent of the kids movies i grew up loving. Ahh the quirky 80's and 90's fantasy & sci-fi. probably would have watched it sooner if I knew it was going to be so light instead of dark humored.
(There's only a few scenes that would call for needing parental approval to watch. And there's only like one major swear... but given the circumstances it's well timed. All very tame though by today's standards.)