Click Exchange Suggestion- Create a tab to only view creatures with no preference

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
760 posts

okami • 25 February 2023 at 12:59 PM

Hello~

With the recent chocolate event and dailies, I've found myself using the click exchange a ton more than usual. I have become somewhat frustrated by the fact that there isn't an option to only view creatures that don't have a click or feed preference selected. If we want to view those creatures then the click and feed ones have to be included since it is a "view all" tab. My suggestion is to create a tab where we can only view creatures that don't have a feed or click preference selected, maybe just call it "no preference" and have that be the default setting for a creature until the user changes it.

I usually completely avoid the creatures that have the "clicks preferred" preference since I like to earn ec through feeding creatures. I will normally go through all of the "feeds preferred" creatures, then try to pick out the non-preference ones in the view all tab, but that quickly becomes tedious.

(On a separate note, I did notice an inconsistency with the click creatures. On the Manage Creatures page, the selection tab lists it as "clicks only" but on the main click exchange page those creatures are listed as "clicks preferred.")

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 25 February 2023 at 1:51 PM

I like this suggestion! I was thinking about this same thing last night, glad I'm not the only one who is having an issue with that

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 25 February 2023 at 2:20 PM

Oh oops...

i always feed regardless of what's preferred. Wasn't aware it was clicks /only/ ;^^ ill have to start paying more attention.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 25 February 2023 at 4:00 PM

I would not mind this. 😊

I very rarely get around to them, and if I do it's because I've clicked through all of the "click only" and they're not in the way, so I can feed the rest at my discretion without feeling like someone would be coming for my head. XD

I keep all of mine on feeds prefered regardless of whether they need views, clicks or feeds because I can't control what people do, ultimately. And because I feel like if I put them in click only or no preference they get less attention. XD

Female
760 posts

okami • 25 February 2023 at 4:02 PM

@raccoon

It is confusing right now because for those of us who are just feeding in the exchange, those creatures are worded as being "clicks preferred," so to me that doesn't mean no feeds allowed. But when you are setting the preferences on your own creatures, it is worded as "clicks only," so I also understand then why some users would get upset over those creatures being fed. Neither side is in the wrong, the wording just isn't consistent :/

@hikanu

I also set all mine to feeds preferred for that sole reason! I have noticed they get far less attention if that preference isn't set, likely because others are avoiding the click only creatures.

141 posts

stormwarden • 25 February 2023 at 4:05 PM

oops i also just feed with reckless abandon on the View All page 😅 i personally wouldn't find use of this suggestion myself, but if it encourages more people to make use of the click exchange then i'm all for it!!

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 25 February 2023 at 5:22 PM

YES PLEASE! I've thought this pretty much every time I use the Exchange. If only for consistency's sake, since it's the only option we can't actually filter for.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 25 February 2023 at 5:50 PM

This is something I would probably use.

If I'm only feeding 1000 or under I just pick through the All preference for those that aren't "Click" creatures. I know I could just do Feed creatures, but then feel like I'm neglecting the no preference creatures, which is where mine sit. So this is were I would use this sorting feature.

If I'm doing more than 1k, then I filter the click ones first, open and close them (I'm on a desktop, so the Ctrl-W method for quick closure). Then I feed the feed and all optioned creatures.